Can or Do you exercise?

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Can or Do you exercise?

What exercises do you do?

Have you had to modify what you do?

Share your tips & tricks!

April 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I can, fortunately!
(Crohn's Disease)

Do I? Almost never since my son was born, 8 months ago! When I can I get in a walk or a few minutes of yoga on the Wii.

Before that, I mixed it up. Yoga, cardio, jogging, strength. About 3-4 times a week, for 30 minutes. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to that.
April 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Man you're awesome! Such a nice varitey of exercising... An 8 month old lil one will definitely keep you on your toes so I don't blame ya on the random working out, walks.

Right now I walk, pretty much power walk 98% of the time, a little jogging if I'm feeling really good. I have fibromyalgia along with a slew of other health issues. So, the power walking is the best I've been able to do and while yes it kicks my arse I've been able to mentally become stronger to overcome the pain each time I lift my foot to step... I just try to melt into the music and walk with the beats. Think so far the longest I went was 9 miles, but the least I do is about 4mi in a day.

May 10th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Beneath_The_Rose's Avatar WTTC #1
I haven't had a bad flare up in a while so I have been working out at home doing wii fit and wii hula hoop and taking nice long walks outside. We don't have a car here so even to go grocery shopping it's a good 15-20or so minute walk to the store plus carrying the bags back home. Sometimes I run/jog a little bit on the way back and DF just gives me weird looks lol. Hey the more calories burned the better and i've been drinking a lot more water so it makes my stomach feel less full so when I exercise I don't feel an urge to go to the bathroom. Lets hope this remission lasts a long time.

still waters run deep

How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response.
Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us
-Thrall

*FaceBook*
*Myspace*
May 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM
WTG! That's allot of exercise woman!!!

Lately I've been pushing for 10 miles at 4-5 miles an hour... but the fibro make it so hard warming up, every step is pain for the first couple of miles and then have to alternate the long long walks with the 5 miler's.

OMG this is sorta embarassing... but I was 5 miles deep on a trail in the woods and my bowels acted up! It took everything I had to go deep off the trail to find a safe spot not to be seen and trying to wallk was a joke, it was go or mess myself. It gave me a good laugh hours later, but it sucked!

May 11th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Beneath_The_Rose's Avatar WTTC #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena View Post
WTG! That's allot of exercise woman!!!

Lately I've been pushing for 10 miles at 4-5 miles an hour... but the fibro make it so hard warming up, every step is pain for the first couple of miles and then have to alternate the long long walks with the 5 miler's.

OMG this is sorta embarassing... but I was 5 miles deep on a trail in the woods and my bowels acted up! It took everything I had to go deep off the trail to find a safe spot not to be seen and trying to wallk was a joke, it was go or mess myself. It gave me a good laugh hours later, but it sucked!
Ahh i've had that happen to me a few times. I have some interesting stories but their pretty TMI haha. I laugh at them now really but god they were humiliating at the time. One not so gross one though was when my family was still living in Ma and I was taking the dog for a walk. Now this street was about a mile long and were the very last house on it so it was a pretty good walk up and and down. I was walking the dog back and we were on our way back and when literally out of nowhere I just had to GO. I don't even know why i hadn't eaten nothing and had felt fine when I left. So i just kept my legs together walked fast and just kept pulling the poor dog away from other peoples mail boxes she kept trying to sniff and pee on so i wouldn't mess. I never ran so fast in my life when i got back. I just dropped hear leash and she was still part way outside and I just ran.

still waters run deep

How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response.
Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us
-Thrall

*FaceBook*
*Myspace*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search