Introduction - just dx'd with fibro

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies!

Im Kaleigh (24) engaged to Chris (25) we are planning a 11/11/11 wedding and we have an angel baby named Duckie looking down on us. I have been on JM for about 2 years and spend most of my time on WTTC-Grads. I work in a Rheumatology office and about 3 weeks ago my coworkers convinced me it was time to make an appt with one of the docs in our office. Today was my appt and it turns out for the last 10 years none of my drs connected the dots. I was dx with Fibromyalgia this afternoon and I am torn. Part of me is relieved to finally have a reason for all the pain and part of me is upset because its not something that can be cured.

Im here in search of some support.

TIA!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
May 27th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Kaleigh and hello!

Congratulations on the final dx and I'm sorry that it's a conflicting dx as well. I felt very much as you have and struggled with it for years... it's such an umbrella dx and I've been convinced it's something else they haven't tapped into.

Please feel free to ask me anything on here or thru PM

January 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I also have it. It is my second condtion to my arthirtis. I hope you get a good treatment plan laid out for you by your rhuemy. There are things to help you sleep well so you can heal. Sometimes massage works really well too. I am still in pain every day, but it's managed ok I still work full time and take care of my daughter the best I can as well. I hate the fatigue though. That is the worst part. I wish I could take more time off work (I never call in sick) and rest more. But I don't. I don't want to miss opportunities to move up in the career ladder because I was gone too much and missed out on projects I could have taken on because I was out that day.

I also work out 3 days a week in an extreme fit class. If you don't use it, you'll just freeze up and feel like crap. You can't hurt yourself from pushing yourself to be fit and tone up those muscles. It makes me feel much better. I also lost 55 lbs which helps to. It's all managing your body. Keep it healthy. I also have arthitis, so i have to move it or loose it. It's a full time job taking care of your body in of itself. No one knows how much work we have to put into it. Eat well too. Sugar just slows us down and makes us that much more tired.

Just be good to yourself. That's all you can do.

Good luck with everything! Hope you feel better soon!

Nicole
January 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia a month and a half ago. I know exactly what you mean by being conflicted about your diagnosis. I felt the same way. I felt like I was walking on clouds because I finally had some validation for all the pain I was in. But I was heartbroken that there's no known cure. How was your wedding? Have you trid physical therapy? I started today, so I'll keep you posted on any results. Good luck.
March 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
kattath198's Avatar Regular
Hello there! My name is Kate. I'm almost 24 and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at 18... I'd been having symptoms for several years before that. I always felt pretty lucky, because my mother, grandmother, and a very dear friend of the family and her mother all have it. So I wasn't blindsided by my diagnoses. This 4 women really are an excellent example of how this disease effects people so differently. My mother's is fairly a-typical, while my "Aunt" Becky has much more classic symptoms. I'm more like Aunt Becky. It's been hard on me, because I can't do a lot of the things that others my age can do. It's also hard when other people don't understand... I would recommend this article to anyone suffering from a chronic condition, that isn't obvious to the naked eye...

Google "The Spoon Theory" written by Christine Miserandino

I know it helped my husband understand things a lot better. Like why I might not be up for going to the movies, even though you just sit the whole time...

I'm really new to this website, so I haven' learned all the ins and outs, but if anyone needs someone to talk to about having Fibromyalgia, I'm here for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search