Not new here, need to vent

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2010, 12:23 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Hey, it's been a long time since I've been on here. I just thought I'd drop in. Tuesday night, I had to take my Betaseron shot (Multiple Sclerosis). I have had to start over again due to a mix up with my pharmacy so I was only taking a quarter of the full dose. About 1 hour later, I started getting the chills like I was my own epicenter. I seriously could not stop shaking. At one point, I was nearly screaming. I even started laughing!!! As I started to calm a little at about 1/2 hour later, I decided to take my temperature. It read 103.7! Wow! but since my chills had calmed a bit, I thought I'd clean up some of the boys' bottles that were left in their playroom. I needed to do the dishes or they'd have no bottles for Wednesday. I got so lightheaded and collapsed. I think my fever went up a bit cause at one point I thought I saw weird things in the laundry room on my way back to the couch. I had never felt like that before. Normally, if I get the chills, I get them about 4 hours later, so I rarely ever forget to take the acetaminophen or ibuprofen anymore. This only started about an hour after the shot!! Way before I usually take the pain meds! These chills probably lasted a good hour or so before they finally went away. Has anyone else taking an interferon had chills like that? I had talked to a nurse and she thinks I may have given myself a shot in a vein accidentally which can happen. All this time, I have never had that bad a reaction though. I'm not saying shooting myself in the vein doesn't cause this, but I'm sure I've given myself a shot in a vein before. It just never got that bad!

Oh rant's not over. I am feeling so bummed right now. I have been getting a 'gut' feeling that my IBS has decided to make a little return. I haven't had any symptoms since about 1996 or '97. Lately, my belly has been getting more and more bloated. Well, a few nights ago, I had a similar fever to what I described above, but not on a shot night. Ever since then, my stomach has been super distended and plenty of cramping like pain. As I had remembered, as I am able to relieve myself little by little, I started to feel better. I do feel better today finally. It's not like any constipation I had had before without the IBS active. I remember that pain!! UGH! I so hope it's not resurfacing!!!!!!! I just hated the fact that most restaurants where I went to college knew me well enough to know that I was either there to use their bathrooms or to eat...usually the bathrooms and they would even wave to me as I would run to their facilities. How embarrassing that that is how I was remembered! I fear that I'll have to get well acquainted with the bathrooms near by. I don't know which I'm more afraid of relapsing; the IBS or the multiple sclerosis. Now with 2 year old twin boys, I won't be able to just run to any bathroom and go as I am able to. I'll have 2 little boys in tow. How will I cope? I won't be able to go out with them at all!!! Well, not while it's active. I just hope it doesn't come to that. I just hope these are just little quakes that don't amount to anything. I just keep praying that if I have a MS relapse that it's nothing that interferes with my daily life. The IBS will no doubt interfere and the MS can certainly make my life difficult. My husband panics so badly when I get sick. He is so afraid of having to take care of these boys all by himself and my on top of that stress AND do his work. I don't really have much family around. My aunt would help, but she's a busy woman. She loves my boys and I know she'd do what she can, but she drives DH crazy. his stress and panic drives me insane! I know he can handle it if he were to just go with the flow, but he just can't do it like I can. He's home all day and he does play with the boys and feed them, but when he's on his own, he just breaks down. I can't console him either. I end up frustrated and even a little panicked myself for the boys. Not the best way to relax which is the best way to deal with both IBS and MS.

Ack! I read back on all this and I realize, it's so late, no wonder my mind is racing! I'll be better in the morning. Thanks for letting me get my thoughts out.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Last edited by TheyGrowLikeWeeds; June 10th, 2010 at 12:28 AM.
September 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
How are you doing now?

I'm so sorry about the craziness that you had to endure !!!

September 6th, 2010, 12:09 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I hope you're feeling better. Sometimes it helps to just vent. If you lived near me, I'd help whenever I could. sometimes it's good just to know someone is there if you need help.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search