TMJ

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Super Mommy
Anyone here have TMJ problems? Mine come and go. But right now my jaw joints are swollen on both sides and its so uncomfortable. I can't sleep tonight because I can't get comfortable. I'm trying to stay away from the narcotics because they slow down my digestion and I already have gastroparesis so I don't need that. I'm trying to not have to go get a splint made because I don't think I can afford it right now as I don't have dental insurance. Ugghh. I guess this is really more of a vent. So frustrating. Of all the joints that bother me, I think the jaw joints are the worst! They affect the ears, nose, neck, voice, and more!

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
August 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
What about muscle relaxants? They perscribed me some because my jaw would clench up and cause my migraines as if I needed another trigger.

I take narcotic nsaids but minimal, unfortunately it's not enough and I end up suffering thru the day causing fevers, shaking and hbp.

September 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
I wonder sometimes if I have TMJ or something like it. My jaw sometimes feels like it's not aligned, and if I try to align it, I'm really putting in a lot of effort and feeling like I'm trying to force it to do something it can't. But it doesn't always feel like that, so I'm not sure what's going on.

September 3rd, 2011, 08:05 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I have TMJ & went through braces as a teen to try & help. As an adult though, it has returned to a degree.

When money is tight, I would recommend getting a moldable mouth guard from your local drugstore. Look for a type made from thermo-moldable material, so that you can heat the mouth guard until the material becomes moldable, then you put it in your mouth and bite on it to make it take on the shape of your teeth.

September 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the suggestions! The flare has gone down quite a bit since I posted, but I am going to look into the moldable mouth guard so for the next flare its not quite so bad!

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search