Oh my gosh!!

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2012, 04:10 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I had noo idea there was a forum for this! I was diagnosed with RA after having an attack that landed me in hospital in October, I also tested positive for Lupus but being a sensitive test as it is, my doctor said it takes months to confirm diagnosis. BUT I found out I was pregnant in November.

My doctors treating me as if I do have Lupus just incase, so i will have extra monitoring in the 2nd trimester etc. I recently had a petichae rash on my arm, quite large and he did a platelet level count (last week) so I'm waiting to hear back on the results.

I'm so glad to see this forum, I feel so alone because I don't know ANYONE who has these conditions (I also have PCOS).

Oh my name is Emma

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

January 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
~.Sally.~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is nice to have this board here, I just need to get more time to pop by.
Don't feel alone there are others out there to help and give you support. I have Crohns disease.
January 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy! I have lupus. I am in school right now, so I don't get on as much as I'd like to. It's good that you will have extra monitoring just in case something creeps up.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
January 29th, 2012, 10:20 PM
MauMama's Avatar formerly La_Sirena
Hi Emma!

I'm Jen. I also have PCOS and had suspected Lupus for quite a while. I am ANA- though, so we kept pushing for a diagnosis. I have gone from RA to Lupus to Still's Disease back to Lupus and finally I was diagnosed with a genetic disease called Familial Mediterranean Fever, but it got moved to TRaPS.

I'm so glad you're getting extra monitoring.

My Rheum said he feels PCOS is an inflammatory condition so I thought it was interesting to see so many other 'autoimmune' mothers also having PCOS.

I hope you have a wonderful and complication free pregnancy.

Jen + Matt
Parents to Sophie, the Wondergirl
Asperger's Syndrome
Joint Hypermobility
GERD & Constipation
Anxiety

Angels Autum & Isla (2007)
+ 7 others (2002 - 2011)

Mama with arthritis & connective tissue disorder called TRaPS
I've been charting since Jan 16, 2001 and TTA since April 2007.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search