Wondering if anyone else has MS?

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
Hey Everyone ... My name is Sarah Ann and I am 33 years old. I got married to the love of my life on October 9, 2010, his name is Colin and he is 30 years old. We have been TTC since we got married but I have PCOS so its been a struggle. I was also obese and new I needed to change that before I would become pregnant. So on Sept 26, 2012 I had Lapband Surgery. It was one of the best decisions of my life!!

Prior to the LapBand surgery I had been sent for an MRI but sadly my weight wouldn't allow me to fit in the machine so on Jan 28, 2013 after losing over 60lbs I was re-scheduled for an MRI and I did fit but sadly the diagnosis was MS.

On December 21, 2004 I found out I had Optic Neuritis in my right eye and lost 95% of my sight in that eye for 3 - 4 months. At the time of that diagnosis it was thrown around that Optic Neuritis is usually one of the first signs of MS but I never really thought much of it because my doctor at the time never sent me for any further tests or anything like that. So when I received the diagnosis on Feb 4, 2013 I wasn't completely shocked. My neurologist told me he is optimistic that I could go another 8 years without any flare-ups seeing as its already been 8. I don't know a whole lot about MS and am trying to do research without scaring the crap out of myself.

Is there anyone else here that has MS?

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

October 24th, 2013, 03:41 AM
I would seriously recommend you check out the work of Doctor Terry Wahls - the stuff she has done is incredible. She was wheelchair bound and is now really active through nutritional changes and now she runs a program helping others with MS. Her book is called Minding My Mitochondria and she's done various lectures and TED talks so you should be able to find her on youtube.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search