My trip to the Mellen Center

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I posted this in my playroom and the disabilty forum....but now I see we have our auto-immune forum...so....

I had my appointment this morning with the Mellen Center...it was at 9:05. I couldnt believe how huge it was there. It was very sad to me though...but I suppose no more sad then going to my old neurologist office. Seeing lots of wheelchairs,walkers,people struggling to walk(the ones with too much pride to use a walker...) It's just very REAL when I see that. Anyway...the doctor came out to get me and she rushed me back to the room...At first I thought 'holy crapola,SLOW down"...I thought she was rude or being inconsiderate. But after spending OVER an hour with her examining me and asking question,I realized that was completly her personality,and I no longer took offense. She was awesome! Very easy going,laid back and super easy for me to talk to about me health(which I find hard to do with some people). I basically asked her if there was any chance the dx was wrong...she went through everything,the paperwork,my tests results...everything. She said that people that get migraines CAN get white spots...but what was different was after having my spinal tap it was DEFINETE confirmation that YES,I do have MS. I guess that was something I knew,I mean I was told that once...but I was hoping...who wouldnt? Anyway...I cant remember exact numbers...but one type of fluid was suppose to come back within "normal" range would be NO HIGHER then 6....mine came back at 39!! She showed me one specific white spot that she said MOST LIKELY is causing my constant numbness/tingling....so that made me feel a WEE bit more relaxed why the numbness has been soooo persistant. She said she saw the "start of" another white spot at the base of my spine...so she REALLY wants another MRI,and this time of both my brain AND my spine. Soooo...when I got home I scheduled an appt with my PCP to get that rolling(I opted to have it done here in my city,rather then driving far out again.) I have another huge ball of concerns going on...that I am also seeing my PCP for. My appointment is Friday. I dont really want to talk about what the other two *possible* problems are...because it really scares me. So I am trying to ignore it some and stay positive. But...after the appt(and hopefully get answers),I will share with you what is going on. Um...lets see...oh yeah...she s trying to see about getting me into one of their studies for the copaxone. She couldnt find the info at hand...so she said she would call me. I told her I basically cannot afford the injections...and she said they have the studies,and I could recieve my injections for THREE years FREE!!! BUT...she said they may not use me because I am NOT a healthy person. She said some like to have otherwise healthy people,with MS. So,time will tell...keep fingers crossed. I hope I didnt forget anything...but thats pretty much it.

</div>

</blockquote>
January 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Fingers are crossed!! I hope it turns out well!
I'm glad you felt comfortable afterwards, it can be a scary thing!
January 3rd, 2007, 10:37 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I'm glad you liked her .... sometimes that's one of the most important factors in your treatment!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search