A little of what is going on

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Thought I would shed some light as to what is going on with me. I really have little energy...being in a hospital bed for 4 days took it's toll on my legs and my MS is acting up...actually for the first time I am thinking about purchasing a walker...thats swollowing alot of pride. But I have already had two falls and I dont want to hurt myself.

Anyway...

I had originally posted(and wad it was deleted) about EVERYTHING that happened in the hospital...but I cant do that again.sorry. So I will try to give the IMPORTANT information and I will give updates from there,k?

Basically I have "free air" on the OUTSIDE of my large intestine. That should NOT be there...air belongs INSIDE the colon and thats GAS. When it is on the outside that means two things...either I have perfeation(sp?) already...OR my colon walls are THINING and causing that leakage. Either way it is NO good. This can/may cause colon RUPTURE. Something I have feared since being DX in 2002. My Aunt died from colon rupture-she had diverticulits(Aunt by marriage).

My GI did NOT want to perform a colonoscopy in the hospital because IF I have too much thining the scope itself can cause my colon to tear. But we NEED to know...because I can have a surgery to remove that weak area...instead of removing the entire colon.

So...the surgeon at the hospital talked with me and said surgery NOW...no....surgery in the near furture...maybe....surgery in the next five years...definete. Basically after the TEN year mark of having ACTIVE Ulcerative Colitis your risk of colon rupture increase,as does getting colon cancer. My own family doctor informed me that my next flare...I need to consult the cleveland clinic doctor for surgery. One day at a time!

I have a scop for March 19th. I am quite frankly terrified....as I should be. They will put me to sleep(which I HATE) and basically when I wake up I *may* and *may not* have my colon. IF there is thining or an actually leak/rupture surgery will happen RIGHT THERE,immeadiately. So...my family will know before me...scary. I have already asked my Father to take the day off(to watch the children) work so both Joe and My Mom can come with me to my scope. Normally a scope is NO BIG DEAL...in this case it really is.

I'm not scared of colon removal...or living with a bag...like who cares HOW I go poopy,right? But,I am scared of surgery...being put under and of course I am scared of the UNKNOWN.

I did alot of soul searching while in the hospital. There was a beautiful woman next to me in my room(once I was moved out of ICU). She was JUST dx with Ulcerative Colitis while I was there...I reached out to her,gave her information and she shared with me alot about God....as her Husband is a Pastor.

After coming home I have talked with my Mom about starting spirtual counseling through our church. I need guidance,from God...he is who I need faith in...not my doctors. I am also going to work on my confirmation...and I feel good about that.

This is what is going on now...I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow 9am and I have much information(giving to me from an ICU nurse) that explains how prednisone(high doses for long periods of time) can cause maniac depressive behavior. What a wonderful nurse she is...she helped me more then my doctors.

I will keep you all informed.

Love you girls!

</div>

</blockquote>
March 11th, 2007, 09:06 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. This is my ultimate fear of waking up and one day I have to have surgery. You are in my prayers Colee.

I agree with the spiritual counseling. I have to say the only way I have made it through everything in my life that has happen to me is through God. I honestly believe that I didn't have my faith in God i would not be here right now.
March 12th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.

sorry for not replying to this thread sooner ... I've more or less been flat in bed since Friday morning .... longgggggggg story!

thinking of you

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
March 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
texasmomof2
My dear, dear friend. I am so glad you are home. But I will worry about you on Monday until I get an update as to how you are doing, and whether or not you had to have surgery. I have had a colonoscopy done before, and it's not that bad, but I would be afraid of waking up and not knowing whether I would still have my colon or not. I guess it is one thing if you know going in, but to not know---wow, I can't even imagine.

You will be in my utmost thoughts and prayers. I love ya, hon. Call me if you need to chat.
March 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow girl. Your going through a lot and I'm very sorry. I will continue to pray for you. I agree w/having God in your life to help take on the stress. I wouldnt be where I am today if I didnt have Faith in God, I have overcome so much and I couldnt have w/out God .

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 12th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. So sorry you have to go through all this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search