Those with Fibromyalgia(sp?)

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I am curious...what are your symptoms? How did you know "something" was going on when you were dx? ANY information would be helpful! TIA!!

Typically what do you feel like?

</div>

</blockquote>
March 14th, 2007, 10:54 AM
texasmomof2
like crap

ok, so that probably wasn't very helpful, LOL

I felt like I had the flu all the time. My body hurt with muscle aches, but I wasn't running a fever. I was always tired-I mean so tired I couldn't get out of bed.

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/tc...algia-Symptoms

Here's a link from WebMd that's pretty helpful.

Are you having symptoms, honey??
March 14th, 2007, 11:45 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would get this pain deep down inside (in my legs) and I couldnt explain it, but it would get worse when I got cold. The Dr initially thought I had arthritis, but after many xrays no fluid was found in my joints, and like texasmomof2 said, I felt achey, tired. I can fall asleep just fine, but I cant stay asleep. I hope you dont have it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Quote:
like crap

ok, so that probably wasn't very helpful, LOL

I felt like I had the flu all the time. My body hurt with muscle aches, but I wasn't running a fever. I was always tired-I mean so tired I couldn't get out of bed.

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/tc...algia-Symptoms

Here's a link from WebMd that's pretty helpful.

Are you having symptoms, honey??[/b]

I'm just not sure I have explained to people(Joe and my Mom) for several years about certain things 'hurting'...like it all started aboout 8-9 yrs ago when my finger nails hurt. it would bother me so bad I would have to clip them as short as they go.

More recently(within the past 3-4 yrs) My skin hurts,my neck,shoulders...some of my back...my HAIR(how strange?!?). This all feel like a deep sunburn...without the sun. Joe tries to rub my shoulders to help it feel better and it makes me shiver...I cant even stand him touching my upper skin when I get like this.

My Grandmother had Fibro...so it wouldnt be a shocker...plus with my already having MS and UC...chances could be.

I told my PCP in the hospital that my skin hurt and he said it was from the prednisone. I disagree with that. I know I have felt this before withOUT being on prednisone.

How can a person be tested for this? And am I correct in understanding nothing can be done to help fibro>?

Thanks for answering so many questions ladies...very helpful!!

</div>

</blockquote>
March 15th, 2007, 11:47 AM
texasmomof2
Honey, I'm right there with ya with the hair hurting. People used to think I was crazy when I told them that. But I know EXACTLY what you mean. And no, it's not that *nothing* can be done for fibro, I think it is just so misdiagnosed, that they are just now starting to find thngs that help. I know that the NSAIDS are supposed to be really helpful (like Celebrex, etc) and trigger point injections if you get to where you need them. I get them in my neck to help with my migraines and the fibrom in that area.

I know that my neurologist did some type of trigger point tests where they *poked* certian trigger points to see which ones were sensitive. They do a diagnosis of fibro based on how many were. (or something like that.) So I'm sure your neurologist can do a diagnosis.
March 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks Janetta...I will mention it to my PCP tomorrow. I have follow up appointment from hospital.

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search