meltdown in public

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2007, 06:28 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I cant even help it anymore...and Joe is getting to the point that he doesnt want me to even leave the house. I cant do that. He says to me "if your going to cry when we leave,then maybe you should just stay home at rest". Well...dammit I dont want to rest. Rest=pain for me...the more I sit around the more stiff I am getting. I try to keep moving...keep active. I am trying so hard.

Well anyway....I have had my sticker now for I dunno,7-10 days or so...no problems. I do have an "MS" sticker in my front window...you know "join the movement". Well....we park and actually hit a buggie just a hair pulling in. So,I say to Joe...good there is a shopping cart RIGHT there. Let me get it...then it's easier with the kids...I can HOLD ON TO IT for balance. I had my ###### hands on it and this other woman just getting out of her car(mid 50's) comes practically running at me and yells "oh do you really need that cart...I want to use it"...I said "well,yeah...actually I WAS going to use it"....she says "well,I really need it"..."so do I"...I said...but I gave in to her and handed her the cart. She was older then me and I respect my elders. She was also in handicap parking with her husband.

So...I take an extra 5 minutes to get into the store...find 3 buggies with NO seatbelts and finally get one that is good for Ryan and Emily(she will sit in the back in home improvements stores...safety first!!)

The more I am going through Lowe's the more angry I am getting. My arms are ready to fall off...an extra 70LBS in the shopping cart(from two children) is HARD...I mean REALLY hard. But I also need that balance...so I push it...using my elbows more the my arms.

Finally I get down the stain isle and I just start bawling...I am crying and crying and cant stop. I told Joe "what right did she have to take that from me? and why did I actually give it to her"...that wasnt right!! Then of course I start getting that whole guilty feeling...I shouldnt have given her the buggie...then I though...if I DIDNT give it to her then I would have cried because I am nice and that wouldnt have been nice. Finally Emily says to me "Momma,you have MS...it's OK" and gave me the biggest sweetsest hug...I just held her and cried and held tighter.

God this is just so hard. I know I was dx in August...but going through my first REAL exerbation is very real...this is all just TOO real. I hate it.

</div>

</blockquote>
April 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
I cant even help it anymore...and Joe is getting to the point that he doesnt want me to even leave the house. I cant do that. He says to me "if your going to cry when we leave,then maybe you should just stay home at rest". Well...dammit I dont want to rest. Rest=pain for me...the more I sit around the more stiff I am getting. I try to keep moving...keep active. I am trying so hard.

Well anyway....I have had my sticker now for I dunno,7-10 days or so...no problems. I do have an "MS" sticker in my front window...you know "join the movement". Well....we park and actually hit a buggie just a hair pulling in. So,I say to Joe...good there is a shopping cart RIGHT there. Let me get it...then it's easier with the kids...I can HOLD ON TO IT for balance. I had my ###### hands on it and this other woman just getting out of her car(mid 50's) comes practically running at me and yells "oh do you really need that cart...I want to use it"...I said "well,yeah...actually I WAS going to use it"....she says "well,I really need it"..."so do I"...I said...but I gave in to her and handed her the cart. She was older then me and I respect my elders. She was also in handicap parking with her husband.

So...I take an extra 5 minutes to get into the store...find 3 buggies with NO seatbelts and finally get one that is good for Ryan and Emily(she will sit in the back in home improvements stores...safety first!!)

The more I am going through Lowe's the more angry I am getting. My arms are ready to fall off...an extra 70LBS in the shopping cart(from two children) is HARD...I mean REALLY hard. But I also need that balance...so I push it...using my elbows more the my arms.

Finally I get down the stain isle and I just start bawling...I am crying and crying and cant stop. I told Joe "what right did she have to take that from me? and why did I actually give it to her"...that wasnt right!! Then of course I start getting that whole guilty feeling...I shouldnt have given her the buggie...then I though...if I DIDNT give it to her then I would have cried because I am nice and that wouldnt have been nice. Finally Emily says to me "Momma,you have MS...it's OK" and gave me the biggest sweetsest hug...I just held her and cried and held tighter.

God this is just so hard. I know I was dx in August...but going through my first REAL exerbation is very real...this is all just TOO real. I hate it.[/b]
honey ... I know your meds have been altered and they need time to readjust BUT I think you are wayyyyyyyyyyyy far too down right now .... might I suggest going in to see the doctor ASAP before you end up hurting yourself or others .... things look a wee bit out of perspective for you right now and that's certainly not helping.

You have my number if you need to talk

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
April 1st, 2007, 08:06 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
April 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Quote:

God this is just so hard. I know I was dx in August...but going through my first REAL exerbation is very real...this is all just TOO real. I hate it.[/b]
I was reading through old posts and just had to say I feel for you! I am going through the same thing. I break down all the time and just cant come to terms with this. It is really hard. If you ever want to talk pm me and we can exchange numbers! HUGS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search