Hello... can I join you all?

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Hello girls, I am Sara. I post actively in the September 06 playroom and have a 7 month old daughter. My dh is Warren.

I have ankylosing spondylitis. It is a very rare form of arthritis. It causes great pain in your back, neck and hips. It can also causes fusing of the spine.

I am just look for other moms to talk to and get support. I am have a difficult time with AS (ankylosing spondylitis) right now and can hardly keep up it together for my poor daughter. Dh and I just made the decision to most likely not have anymore children which really upsets me, and I dealing with a lot of pain.

But I won't turn my introduction into a whiney vent lol... I hope to get to know you girls and maybe get some support as well as give some.

April 18th, 2007, 07:59 AM
texasmomof2
Hi Sara and welcome! I'm Janetta, and I have a whole host of auto-immune disorders. My first diagnosis was Lupus, then I developed spondyloarthopathy (very similar to AS), then Graves disease, Sjogrens and fibromyalgia. I think now they considered what I have to be "mixed connective tissue disease" with Lupus still being my primary diagnosis. (I'm a mess-LOL)

I totally understand the issues with the back, neck and hip pain you go through. I have been taking a shot called Enbrel for a while now, and it seems to help quite a bit.

Again, welcome to the forum! I know you will find tons of support here, and the other ladies here are awesome! There is no such thing as TMI, and we all love and care about each other a lot, so feel free to jump on in!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better!!
April 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Hi Sara Welcome!!

Dont ever feel like you are turning your post into a vent...we all truly understand. Though we may not all have the same disease/disorder...we all are here together to help each other get through the rough patches in our lives,dealing with being chronically ill.

I'm Nichole,married to Joe and we have two kids...Emily will be 6 in September and Ryan will be 2 next month. Joe and I are done having kids too...that decision was made very soon after Ryan was born. I wish we could have had more...but with my being ill(plus I had PPD) it just isnt wise for us

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis(UC) back in 2002,when Emily was just one...and then diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis(MS) just this past year-2006. Seems like you get 1 auto-immune disease and more follow...at least in my and Janetta's case(I'm sure lots more).

Anyhow...welcome,welcome...this place is great for support and like Janetta said...no TMI here.

</div>

</blockquote>
April 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Sara. My name is Lorna and I have Graves Disease. I was diagnosed with it in January.

I have 2 boys, a 14 year old and an 18 month old. And I'm married and live about 20 miles from Washington DC.

The ladies here are so very friendly, and very encouraging. I haven't been on this board long, but I feel right at home. I hope you will also.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search