Colee

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2007, 05:59 PM
texasmomof2
how ya doing with your shots, honey? You've been on my mind so much lately, and I keep meaning to call you, but time is in such short supply in my life right now.

Just know that I love ya!!
April 18th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Aw,thanks for asking...I know what you mean by short supply of time!! It seems like my days are running into each other and I have like zero time!! Emily is in bowling classes,daisy scouts and she is starting a college for kids class on Saturday and soccer next week...so between all that and then all my normal things going on...it's got my head spinning!! But in a good way

So...the injections. I cant believe how long I waited before actually beginning treatment. It has really become part of my everyday life/routine. It helps me to remember my other meds,so thats a plus! My biggest complaint is the baseball size welts I am getting! OMG...they hurt!! And itch something fierce...I have brusied myself a couple of times...but I guess that is all trial and error with using the auto-ject,trying to decided exactly which setting to put it on(depending how much fatty I have). I like using the auto-ject because it hides the needle and I just "shoot" the button...

So I saw my neuro yesterday(asked about the welts) and was told it was most likely a nickel allergy-to the needle itself! Dr said I should take claritin right before injecting and see if that helps. That,I bought some(generic) today at walmart and will try it tomorrow before injection time. I was also told a couple weeks ago to try heat and/or ice before and after injecting...that doesnt help. The heat feels good while it is there,but as soon as it's gone I still get the welt. The ice makes it burn...so thats not good. So...hoping the claritin works and if not I figure that welts are better then a wheelchair...ultimetly.

How are you doing? I saw on the family lounge board that you were asked to go to hollywood for your modeling! Yahoo....that is awesome!!! And to double for Katie Holmes...holy cow!! Mrs Cruise herself that is really neat. I understand your not wanting to go tho because the kids,with school and everything. I bet they were really excited for you too!! How are the kid's doing?

Hope all is well...

</div>

</blockquote>
April 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM
texasmomof2
Wow, I hope the nickel allergy gets better. I can't imagine getting huge welts from every shot! Especially since you have to do them every day. I get a small welt from mine, but it goes away in a day or so. Keep me posted on how that's going!! Do the shots seem to be helping the MS?

I'm doing ok, other than the whole depression/anorexia thing. I've lost 7 more pounds in 2 weeks. Everyone keeps telling me how thin I look, but I don't see it. (I posted a pic of me & Emily on the Mommies with Eating Disorders board if you are curious). That was from before I lost the 7 pounds. I see the psychiatrist tomorrow, so maybe he will do something with my meds. I know it sounds terrible, but right now I feel like I just want to die. I know it is from stress with my husband, and I know that dying isn't the option because I have my kids to take care of, but right now that seems like the easiest way out. I would NEVER, EVER do anything to myself, don't worry. It just seems like the easiest solution, if that makes sense. And that's just not me. I'm NOT a suicidal person. But I keep having thoughts of driving my car off a cliff and stupid things like that, so I know I need some serious help. And I know-deep down inside that starving myself because what I put into my mouth is the only thing I can control in my life isn't the answer, either. But I can't stop. And when I do eat, I throw up. Or I take laxatives. It is such a vicious cycle. But right now everything in my life is so out of control, and the one thing I can control is my weight and my food intake. People say "Why don't you just eat?" But they don't understand the whole ILLNESS part of an eating disorder. Things at home are still terrible, and I know that is a lot of what is causing my depression/.anorexia to go haywire.

That is probably so much more than you wanted to know. I'm sorry. I just need to vent a little, I guess.

The kids are doing great. Here's the schedule for the next week: Tonight: softball practice. Tomorrow night: track meet. Saturday: softball game. Sunday: Makeup Softball game from rainout. Monday night: Emily's choir concert Tuesday night: Softball game Wednesday NOTHING!!!! Thursday: Softball game Friday: NOTHING!!! Saturday: Softball game So I've got a track meet, a choir concert a 5 softball games in the next week! That's why I say I never have any time on my hands! LOL

Sorry......
April 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Yeah...I just dont get it with these welts. I should take a picture of a couple of them...I am getting bruises right by them as well,currently I have 3 brusies along with the welts. Other welts,that I wouldnt even consider a welt anymore-just a lump. I think if it didnt hurt so dang bad,I wouldnt mind too bad. I took the claritin today...time will tell.

What you explained to me(aside from having an eating disorder) is exactly how I felt right before going into the hospital. I was just so overwhelmed and felt like everything was crashing in on me. I just wanted to curl into a ball and let myself die. I wanted to drive my car into a telephone pole,or off the side of the road. I didnt want to actually kill myself.I just wanted it all to end...being ill,and all my mental health issues to boot. And like you...the only thing I had/have control over is my hair(like you and eating)...so,I dyed it blond(ish)...and guess what???? It's back to red/auburn. We have so many things we have zero control over. Everyone does...but add having a few illnesses on top of everything and we really have no control over our life.

Dont EVER feel bad or apoligize for venting!! We are friends and thats what I'm for to listen!! Lord knows,I do my fair share of venting!! LOL

OMG! Woman! You ARE going to be a busy lil' Momma over the next week! So...this is what I am in for,signing Emily up for so much!! LOL...Once Ryan is old enough,I will do the same. I figure the more they are involved in,less likely they will get into trouble and less likely they become couch potato's(a fear of mine!!)...but I have to admit it really wears me down! Anything for the kids...

((((HUGS!!!)))) Thinking about you! Wish I had better things to say...but my head is starting to bang,right above my eyes. I think I need to have them checked,it's been awhile anyhow.

</div>

</blockquote>
April 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM
texasmomof2
Thanks for letting me vent!

I'll keep you posted on how the psych appt goes tomorrow. I'm hoping he won't put me in the hospital or anything that drastic, but just a med adjustment or something to make me not feel so helpless. KWIM??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search