How's everyone doing?

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
texasmomof2
Just wanted to check on everyone!

Sara-how was your weekend without your hubby?

Nichole-how are your welts? Is the Claritin helping?

Shelly-are you back from Spring Break?

Lorna-how are you feeling?
April 23rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm soooooo tired. They did my bloodwork and the radioactive iodine I took finally worked. Worked so well in fact I'm now hypothyroid. I just want to sleep all day. She gave me a new prescription for the synthetic thyroid hormone. I hope it kicks in soon.

The weather here is so beautiful. I want to get out and enjoy it, not sleep through it.

My Dad is in the hospital right now, which has also been kind of wearing me down. He's been in 2 weeks, they hope he'll be getting out this week. I'm hoping and praying he does.

On the positive side I have to write 2 more papers and take my final and then that's it for school for me. I graduate May 19th-can't wait for that.

How are you feeling?
April 23rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I'm doing alright,thanks for asking No,the claritin isnt helping with the welts. Maybe, with time I will just get used to them.

How are you feeling Janetta? Have things settled down for you a little bit?

</div>

</blockquote>
April 23rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
texasmomof2
Ya know, I feel like I should have this big sign around my neck that says "Hi, I'm Janetta. I have Lupus and I'm a bipolar anorexic. If you can handle that, then I'm actually a really nice person once you get to know me." I don't know...the meds are messing with my brain, and I'm only sleeping about 3 hours a night-and that's WITH the Lunesta. (Now I know how Lisa feels) My mind is racing in a million different directions.

When we found out Emily was bi-polar, my "loving" husband told me he doesn't believe that is a real disorder. So I didn't even bother telling him about my diagnosis. He is bad enough about my Lupus and when I feel tired and achy, I figured there was no point. I almost feel like I can use that as a reason to tell him to move out though. "Hey-you don't believe in this disorder, so you will really have a hard time dealing with 2 of us that have it, so just go away."

I know I'm rambling again. My head just still isn't straight yet. But for the most part, I *feel* ok. Ate 1/2 a biscuit for breakfast and 4 bites of a baked potato for lunch, so not doing so great on the whole eating thing..

Quote:
I'm soooooo tired. They did my bloodwork and the radioactive iodine I took finally worked. Worked so well in fact I'm now hypothyroid. I just want to sleep all day. She gave me a new prescription for the synthetic thyroid hormone. I hope it kicks in soon.

The weather here is so beautiful. I want to get out and enjoy it, not sleep through it.

My Dad is in the hospital right now, which has also been kind of wearing me down. He's been in 2 weeks, they hope he'll be getting out this week. I'm hoping and praying he does.

On the positive side I have to write 2 more papers and take my final and then that's it for school for me. I graduate May 19th-can't wait for that.

How are you feeling?[/b]
I hope your dad is ok and does get to come home this week.

Congratulations on the school!! That must be so exciting!

Quote:
I'm doing alright,thanks for asking No,the claritin isnt helping with the welts. Maybe, with time I will just get used to them.

How are you feeling Janetta? Have things settled down for you a little bit?[/b]
Well, crap. I was hoping the Claritin would help. You shouldn't have to live with that.
April 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Quote:
Ya know, I feel like I should have this big sign around my neck that says "Hi, I'm Janetta. I have Lupus and I'm a bipolar anorexic. If you can handle that, then I'm actually a really nice person once you get to know me." I don't know...the meds are messing with my brain, and I'm only sleeping about 3 hours a night-and that's WITH the Lunesta. (Now I know how Lisa feels) My mind is racing in a million different directions.

When we found out Emily was bi-polar, my "loving" husband told me he doesn't believe that is a real disorder. So I didn't even bother telling him about my diagnosis. He is bad enough about my Lupus and when I feel tired and achy, I figured there was no point. I almost feel like I can use that as a reason to tell him to move out though. "Hey-you don't believe in this disorder, so you will really have a hard time dealing with 2 of us that have it, so just go away."

I know I'm rambling again. My head just still isn't straight yet. But for the most part, I *feel* ok. Ate 1/2 a biscuit for breakfast and 4 bites of a baked potato for lunch, so not doing so great on the whole eating thing..

Quote:

How are you feeling?[/b]

Quote:

Well, crap. I was hoping the Claritin would help. You shouldn't have to live with that. [/b]

I was hoping the claritin would work too!

That is too bad Janetta that you dh is such a big buthead! Want me to come beat him up? hehehe Just try and stay positive.... thought I can't even do that so I can't hardly expect anyone else too.

My weekend was ok. I am really depressed, despite being ont two antidepressants. I feel like my whole world has ended. Then I feel selfish b/c I know there are people in this work WAY worse off that I am. My husband is now convienced that I am Bipolar, but I keep telling him it is b/c when I take my pain meds it make my mood get better. I dunno. I was really bad off last night.

I did figure out that I can give Becca a bath in the sink, now why didn't I think of that before??? I will have to post pic, they are from my phone though and not very good I forgot to take the camera to my moms when I went to stay there while dh was gone.

I just need to comes to terms with it I guess, and I can't. I just want to crawl under a rock instead...

April 24th, 2007, 07:38 AM
texasmomof2
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How are you feeling?[/b]

Quote:

Well, crap. I was hoping the Claritin would help. You shouldn't have to live with that. [/b]

I was hoping the claritin would work too!

That is too bad Janetta that you dh is such a big buthead! Want me to come beat him up? hehehe Just try and stay positive.... thought I can't even do that so I can't hardly expect anyone else too.

My weekend was ok. I am really depressed, despite being ont two antidepressants. I feel like my whole world has ended. Then I feel selfish b/c I know there are people in this work WAY worse off that I am. My husband is now convienced that I am Bipolar, but I keep telling him it is b/c when I take my pain meds it make my mood get better. I dunno. I was really bad off last night.

I did figure out that I can give Becca a bath in the sink, now why didn't I think of that before??? I will have to post pic, they are from my phone though and not very good I forgot to take the camera to my moms when I went to stay there while dh was gone.

I just need to comes to terms with it I guess, and I can't. I just want to crawl under a rock instead...
[/b]
Yeah, he is a big butthead. (I've called him much worse, but that is being nice.) You're new to this part of JM, so you haven't heard half of the stuff he has done! LOL

Sara, remember that the Prednisone can MAKE you bi-polar. That's what happened with Nichole. It causes severe mood swings. And even though you are on an anti-depressant, if it has caused you to be bi-polar, then the anti-depressants won't be doing the job right, and you need to be on a mood stabilizer. (I'm not a doctor, you'll need to be evaluated-I'm just stating the facts as I know them from experience. LOL)

Visit the Coping with a mood disorders board for more info. Lisa has posted some great links there on bi-polar illness and the sings ans symptoms.

Huge (((hugs))) hon. I hope you start feeling better soon!!
April 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Being chronically ill IS hard to come to terms with. Geesh,I know I havent fully come to terms with being ill. I guess I have fully accepted the UC...and partially I have accepted the MS...but I guess I am still hoping to wake up and it's all a dream. I didnt think my life would turn this direction...I never thought in a million years I would be this sick all the time. That in itself is upsetting...being sick all the time WILL make you have mood swings...one day you feel good,the next you feel like crap...all that up and down is hard for anyone to handle.

The prednsione really screw with my mood and it ticks me off that this has happened. But what can I do,kwim? I never even realized it could cause bi-polar,until my Dr told me. When I was in the hospital a nurse gave me info on prednisone along with bi-polar and there are lots of people out there that were dx bi-polar after a course of prednsione. Jane Paulie(sp?) is one of them. She took the sterioid for 5 monthes to clear up poison ivy(I believe) and was dx a short time later...with the Dr stating it was directly from the prednsione. Scary!

Lisa is great...the mood disorder forum. She posts lots of good links. So,definetly check it out if you are able. Tell dh to hang in there I know it's probaly very fruscrating to him as well.

Awesome you were able to give Becca a bath in the sink...I remember those days I'm sure it felt great,Momma!

</div>

</blockquote>
April 24th, 2007, 05:05 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I am back from Spring. Working most of this week. I will try to update more later tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search