MRSA

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
My five year old daughter has MRSA. The doctor put her on bactrim 2x a day-2tsp and an ointment 2x a day. She has open looking boils on her body. Has anyone here dealt with this? She had it last year and it came back this spring again. Is this something that she is going to have to deal with for now on? Any info is appreciated. I did try searching on the internet for info.

Shelley
April 24th, 2007, 08:43 AM
texasmomof2
What is it? I've never heard of it??

Hope she gets better soon!
April 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Poor kiddo I've never heard of it either...but it doesnt sound good. I hope she is feeling better soon,keep us posted!!

</div>

</blockquote>
April 24th, 2007, 06:03 PM
It is a Staph Infection but it is the one that only a few antibotics will treat. A lot of the common antibotics that we use are resistant to it now. It can be bad if it gets worse and in the blood stream. I will try to update more later tonight.
April 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Definetly NOT good! Man! Staph infection is a bugger too,to get rid of. I hope the anti biotics and cream work and she has no further problems. I have a nice scar on my tummy from my Dr just removing it...because the cream did nothing(I did take a 7 or 10 day oral anti biotic as well).

</div>

</blockquote>
April 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Oh my! Do they know how/why she is getting it? I hope ti clears up quickly! Hugs!!

April 24th, 2007, 08:38 PM
We are not sure where she got it. Last year my oldest daughter had it and they thought she might had picked it up from no telling where. There was an outbreak of it. Gwendi was also diagnose with it last year too.

She has been a trooper about taking her medicine. She remembers to take it before I even tell her it is time. The ointment is a little more difficult because it hurts when I put it on her sores. But she is really doing good.

Tonight she complained about being tired and not feeling good. I told her to go to bed and let me know if she continue feeling bad.
April 25th, 2007, 08:23 AM
texasmomof2
Aw, poor girl. I hope she starts feeling better soon!
April 25th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Quote:
We are not sure where she got it. Last year my oldest daughter had it and they thought she might had picked it up from no telling where. There was an outbreak of it. Gwendi was also diagnose with it last year too.

She has been a trooper about taking her medicine. She remembers to take it before I even tell her it is time. The ointment is a little more difficult because it hurts when I put it on her sores. But she is really doing good.

Tonight she complained about being tired and not feeling good. I told her to go to bed and let me know if she continue feeling bad.[/b]
Joe has alot of family in Tennessee and I guess,from what they have said,there was a HUGE outbreak of staph. It has gotten to the point that meds arent helping,because it was a super strain or something. Lots of folks were being hospitalized. I think I remember hearing something about a pro sports team getting it(some of the players) and were hospitalized. Just be careful...it's super contagious and with being chronically ill,you dont want to get it too.

Big (((HUGS))) to your daughter,hope it clears up in no time!!

</div>

</blockquote>
April 25th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that's scary, I've never heard of it before. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search