Had bloodwork today

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Grrr I had just typed out a fairly long post about going into the Dr's today. I hit something and POOF! It was gone I hate when that happens!!

So,real quick. I went in today to have my bloodwork for my thyroid...because I have been soooooo hot and my neuro believes that is causing the problem. While I was there my BP was up again. It has been up for awhile and they have been watching it. They also took blood to check my cholestrol. So,everything went normal,for bloodwrok. Just an update so you all know whats going on,when I get the results.

</div>

</blockquote>
April 24th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
I hope you get the results you want!!!

April 24th, 2007, 08:10 PM
It's one of those two edge swords. I DONT want there to actually be anything wrong with me(yet again). However,if nothing is "wrong" with me...then why am I soooo hot and sweating so much? I mean,I went all winter without wearing my coat...Because I get sooo over heated. So then I would have no answers. I guess I would rather know exactly what it is,even if it could be scary...then not know and live,just wondering what in the heck is going on inside my body,kwim? It bothers me more so because I never used to get this over heated...this is fairly new to me,like the past year and a half or so.

</div>

</blockquote>
April 24th, 2007, 08:34 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
Could it be the medication? Some of the medication I am on makes me have hot flashes and sweat a lot. It is so bad that I have been having to take deordant in my purse.
April 25th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Could it be the medication? Some of the medication I am on makes me have hot flashes and sweat a lot. It is so bad that I have been having to take deordant in my purse. [/b]
I do think that the prednisone makes it worse. But it's not just the prednisone,because when I am not on it,I am still having the heat problem. I believe some could be caused by my meds...but not to this extreme. I know what you mean about the deodorant...I usually take 2 showers a day because it grosses me out so bad...LOL

</div>

</blockquote>
April 25th, 2007, 08:22 AM
texasmomof2
That's another one of those "joys" of Prednisone. It can make you have hot flashes and sweat a lot. (Why don't the doctors tell you this???? ARGH!)

http://www.medicinenet.com/prednisone/article.htm

Some of the articles I read even said the Prednisone can cause high blood pressure. You would think they would know this and not make us look into these things ourselves.
April 25th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought I was going through menopause with my thyroid problems. I had horrible hot flashes, they've gone away but I felt weird being all sweaty in January when it was snowing outside. I hope you hear something soon.
April 25th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Quote:
That's another one of those "joys" of Prednisone. It can make you have hot flashes and sweat a lot. (Why don't the doctors tell you this???? ARGH!)

http://www.medicinenet.com/prednisone/article.htm

Some of the articles I read even said the Prednisone can cause high blood pressure. You would think they would know this and not make us look into these things ourselves.[/b]
Yeah...no kidding! Maybe thats why my BP has been all messed up as well...geesh! If it was caused by the pred..I hope it goes back to normal now that I am off of it!

Quote:
I thought I was going through menopause with my thyroid problems. I had horrible hot flashes, they've gone away but I felt weird being all sweaty in January when it was snowing outside. I hope you hear something soon.[/b]
I'ms sorry you have gone through it too It DOES suck! I started thinking that yesterday...I hope this isnt menopause alreay yeah...it's hard to convince a child to wear a coat,when Momma isnt.

</div>

</blockquote>
April 25th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
The prednisone does that to me too. I dunno. I know what you mean though by the double edge sword!

April 25th, 2007, 03:10 PM
It would be nice if all this sweating made me lose the weight it made me gain! I saw in that article(Janetta) that it can cause easy brusing of the skin. Yep,have that too. Well,I always have brusied easy...but I have ALOT right now.

They should stop prescribing it causes more bad things then good

</div>

</blockquote>
April 25th, 2007, 03:35 PM
texasmomof2
I'm right there with ya. I think it does more harm than good and should be taken off the market. I mean, heck. A couple hundred people have heart attacks from Vioxx and they whip it right off the shelves, but they just keep right on selling this stupid Prednisone. KWIM??

Seriously, I just think they need to be so much more careful and really weight the benefits versus the side effects before they just use it as a "cure all" drug like they do.
April 25th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I 100% agree! I'm still ticked off that my GI rx it this last flare up. Especially once I realized that I could have just been given a steriod shot and be done with it! He rx it without even examining me to see if my flare was contained in the rectum or went all the way up to the colon. My family Dr was ticked too...I wont let it happen again. They just hand it out like candy.

</div>

</blockquote>
April 26th, 2007, 08:01 AM
texasmomof2
Hmmm...next time take the candy instead. Especially if it's chocolate! LOL
April 26th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Hmmm...next time take the candy instead. Especially if it's chocolate! LOL[/b]
LOL...I love me some chocolate!! Yummmmmmmmy!!!

</div>

</blockquote>
April 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Does it drive anyone else insane sitting back waiting for test/blood results??? My goodness,thats all I can think about today

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search