Hey Sara-

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2007, 08:18 AM
texasmomof2
where are you hiding this week?? Are you ok?? Just haven't seen you on much lately.
May 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Quote:
where are you hiding this week?? Are you ok?? Just haven't seen you on much lately.[/b]

I am here. I was at the lake this weekend, . I was sick Monday and just lurking lately. I think I am a little depressed. Becca has been difficult lately and it is making things very hard. We go to the lake and I can't do half the stuff I used to do. I don't know, I just can't come to terms with all this. And I think it is starting to wear on dh also. He has been so great with it all but I know he is tired.

But anyways lol, I am here...

May 2nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Quote:
Quote:
where are you hiding this week?? Are you ok?? Just haven't seen you on much lately.[/b]

I am here. I was at the lake this weekend, . I was sick Monday and just lurking lately. I think I am a little depressed. Becca has been difficult lately and it is making things very hard. We go to the lake and I can't do half the stuff I used to do. I don't know, I just can't come to terms with all this. And I think it is starting to wear on dh also. He has been so great with it all but I know he is tired.

[/b]
Big ((HUGS)) to you!! Things get really hard sometimes,I know Have you considered therapy? To help you come to terms with your illness...even if they are able to give you coping tools or stragedy on how to make things easier? My therapist has always tried to get my dh in there because the importance of spouses understanding chronic illness. I can never get in on Fridays though-when he has off

</div>

</blockquote>
May 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Big ((HUGS)) to you!! Things get really hard sometimes,I know Have you considered therapy? To help you come to terms with your illness...even if they are able to give you coping tools or stragedy on how to make things easier? My therapist has always tried to get my dh in there because the importance of spouses understanding chronic illness. I can never get in on Fridays though-when he has off

[/b]
We can't afford for me to go to therapy. Money is really tight, especially with the medical bills I already have! LOL we still haven't even "paid off" Becca yet! My mom suggested I look up the stages of grief. She said I am greaving (sp?) the life I always thought I would have but now will not. I don't know. You would think I woudl be ok since I am on TWO antidepresants, but I guess I am just crazy lol.

May 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
texasmomof2
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(texasmomof2 @ May 2 2007, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'> where are you hiding this week?? Are you ok?? Just haven't seen you on much lately.[/b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
We can't afford for me to go to therapy. Money is really tight, especially with the medical bills I already have! LOL we still haven't even "paid off" Becca yet! My mom suggested I look up the stages of grief. She said I am greaving (sp?) the life I always thought I would have but now will not. I don't know. You would think I woudl be ok since I am on TWO antidepresants, but I guess I am just crazy lol.
[/b][/quote]

That's a good thought-the stage of grief not that you are crazy - LOL. You might also look into sliding scale therapy. There are a lot of places that offer it and you might can even get it for free. Just because you are on antidepressants doens't mean you can't grieve. Being diagnosed with a chronic illness and being in pain all the time is a major life change, and there is always some type of grieving involved. You might look into the stages of grief.

And of course, we are always here for you, too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search