Hida scan

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I had my second hida scan for my gall bladder...finally got a call from my Dr office today(I had completly forgotton I went in!) and my Dr wants me to come into the office tomorrow to go over results. Whatever that means....just wanted to give an update,in case anyone wondered. I will let you all know whats up tomorrow,as I know something.

</div>

</blockquote>
May 16th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope your appointment goes well. I'll be thinking of you.
May 16th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks,I am feeling pretty anxious...not nervous,just want to know whats up,and like *yesterday*...kwim?

</div>

</blockquote>
May 16th, 2007, 11:58 AM
So my results came back "abnormal"...However,I have no sign of active inflammation,so my Dr wants to keep an eye on my symptoms(stomach pain,right side) and go from there. He said that if it begins to bother me more,then surgery will follow. I just dont even care anymore...it's one thing after another. Just my stupid life

I'm going to lay down while Ryan naps...my head is killing me to no end! It's all this tension/stress....oh well

</div>

</blockquote>
May 16th, 2007, 02:09 PM
texasmomof2
That frustrates me for you. WTH does *abnormal* mean?? We have fli[pping autoimmune disorders? What part of us "IS" normal????????? So now you just get to lie back and wait for it to start hurting again?? ARGH! Sometimes I really don't like doctors.

I agree about the stupid life thing. I'm right there with ya, girl. At least my thoughts of just wanting to die have stopped. Now I just want to crawl in a hole somewhere and sleep a long time.
May 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Quote:
That frustrates me for you. WTH does *abnormal* mean?? We have fli[pping autoimmune disorders? What part of us "IS" normal????????? So now you just get to lie back and wait for it to start hurting again?? ARGH! Sometimes I really don't like doctors.

I agree about the stupid life thing. I'm right there with ya, girl. At least my thoughts of just wanting to die have stopped. Now I just want to crawl in a hole somewhere and sleep a long time.[/b]
Thats pretty much how I feel too Janetta...it's just stupid! I think my Dr was *almost afraid to tell me the results. When I first saw him(the day I was admitted into the hospital) he mentioned *maybe the pain was my gull bladder. I completly freaked out...had a huge panic attack(not in his office,but after) and once I was finally in the hospital,I told him that I just CANT handle a single more thing with my health. Then of course my bloodwork for the thyroid thing and then this gull bladder testing. Well...he has been kinda walking egg shells talking to me. Making things seem OK,but in the same sentence telling me things are "abnormal" and "borderline". The thing thats going to be hard for me...I have UC. I have stomach pain ALL THE TIME. I ignore it nearly 80% of the time...I ignore symptoms,push them under the rug. I hate that these illnesses affect my life as much as they do. I've learned this...this is a coping tool for me,because I am in pain so much. So,now I have to PAY ATTENTION to my symptoms and how I feel. Like you said...sit around and wait for something to hurt...it's just stupid! He did make sure he told me that 2 out of 3 people have great success with surgery...I didnt ask for that information,so of course I read in between the lines. I feel like I am falling apart. I keep telling Joe if he knew I was going to be a mess,he probaly would have never married me Of course he says that isnt true,but being ill and going thru all this junk makes a person feel like a HUGE burden to those around...the ones we love the most

</div>

</blockquote>
May 17th, 2007, 06:26 AM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I love it when doctors say abnormal for something when they don't have a clue what is really wrong. Know we are here for you hon. Anytime.
May 18th, 2007, 10:31 AM
texasmomof2
Ya know, Nichole, 2 out of 3 isn't that great a percentage. It's actually only 66%. Just a little over half. If they told me 90 out of 100, ok, that would make me feel better, but them saying 2 out of 3 like that's supposed to make me really confident that surgery is going to fix everything, I don't think so. My mom and my sister both had their gall bladders taken out, and they couldn't eat the same afterwards. There were a ton of foods that made them sick to their stomachs after their surgery, and you just don't need that with already having UC. I'm not trying to scare you, but PLEASE, PLEASE really look into it before you decide on surgery. My sister still can't eat a lot of things that she used to.

Anyway, hon. Just know that we are here for you. And I totally agree with you about the stomach pain. Are yo usupposed to wait until it gets so bad that you can't walk or what?? I don't get it.

I love ya!
May 18th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the advice! It always helps to hear about other people going thru(or went through it)...I know,the way he made it sound...like it was no big deal. I would still like to keep my body parts in tact,kwim? My family Dr was a surgeon before he came to the office I am at now...so he is FOR surgery...as a cure all.

Just seems like evrything spirals downward,since my UC dx...it's just too much sometimes

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search