This REALLY ticks me off!

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I'm not sure if I have posted before how much I dislike Emily's kindergarten teacher. This woman lives only three houses down from My Mom's house and I met her before school started...because she LOST her kid and I helped to find her in the neighborhood. Well,after she misplaced MY kid early this school year,I havent liked her...at all! Anyway...she has four children. Her oldest is 7 and she has triplets that are going to be two in June. God bless this woman...having triplets! I KNOW that must be really really hard and I give her props for what she does.

Well...There are many days that my Mom will take Emily to school. Because I have a migraine or because I had no sleep all night and couldnt get moving or because my joints were hurting so bad I couldnt move...ya know,all the things we deal with everyday. I am always there to pick her up(unless of course I was in the hospital or at a Dr appointment). The way I feel goes in spurts. I may feel OK one minute and BOOM,I feel like crap! I dont have GOOD days and BAD days...I have a good hour here and a bad few hours there...it switches back and forth all day. I have never commited myself to helping out in her class...however Joe has. I did go on a field trip as a chaperone and it was VERY hard on me. I am also going again next week to chaperone to the zoo. I KNOW this is going to be HARD!! However,the ONLY way Emily is going is if I am there watching to make sure she is safe.

Anyway...My Mom kinda slipped up this morning and told me that on SEVERAL occassions that Emily's teacher has made snide remarks that she "wished she had it easy like me,having help all the time"...My Mom told her that if she would like to trade shoes with me that I would jump on it! She said that she even told her that I was on SSD and "ya know you dont get THAT for a hang nail"...This made me soooo upset! I just want to cry! This is so darn typical!

Do people REALLY BELIEVE that at 27 years old I WANT MY Mommy helping me?!? Come on! I am sooo grateful My Mom IS able to help me as much as she does. My God.l..what would I DO if she couldnt??? I am able to be a GOOD parent because of the HELP I get from others. I DONT WANT help...but I NEED it! Why would someone say these things. My Mom finally said that her teacher has made these comments all year and she didnt say anything because she didnt want to upset me.

Okay...So I have Ulcerative Colitis,Multiple Sclerosis,Chronic Migraines,a un-diagnosed thyroid problem,an un-diagnosed gull bladder problem and GOD KNOWS WHAT else! Why the hell would she say these things about me? Like I am some spoiled brat that just gets help because of lazines or something! I DONT go around telling people I am chronically ill. MOST people dont know. I have friends I havent told. I dont know...maybe I should start telling people as they meet me " Hi I'm Nichole and I am SICK ALWAYS...wanna be my friend"???

I'm just really down...I wonder how many Mom's she has mouthed to about me. My God...I'm so upset she thinks MY LIFE IS EASY! I would LOVE to have her TRIPLETS,If I could TRADE being ILL!

</div>

</blockquote>
May 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe she said something like that, how incredibly rude. Like you're just living it up at the country club or something. She is totally out of touch with reality. I'd have a hard time not saying something to her, but that's me. I can't believe the nerve of some people.
May 24th, 2007, 03:13 PM
texasmomof2
I would have a hard time not picking up the phone and calling her. But I've had the same thing happen to me before. H's family used to bad mouth me all the time because I needed to lie down in the afternoons and take a nap, and he would never stick up for me. Sometimes I want to wear a sign that says "Hi, I'm Janetta. I have Lupus and Arthritis and I'm a bipolar anorexic. If you can get past that, then come closer, get to know me, and I'm a really sweet person."

That teacher has absolutely no right to judge you, and I would be inclined to complain to the principal or other administration if I were you. Especially if she is talking to other parents about you. You have a chronic illness that keeps you from being able to help. I bet there are other parents out there that don't help because they just don't want to.

I love you, hon, and I think you're a great Mom. You do way more than some parents who don't have a chronic illness.

I'm flying up there tomorrow to knock some sense into that teacher for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search