Am I super anal?

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
So tomorrow is Emily's daisy bridging day. The girls will be bridging into brownie's and the brownie's are bridging to Jr's. We recieved a letter early this week staing what time she should be dropped off...she has to be at the park at 10am...parents are NOT allowed to attend until 4:30pm! This is a HUGE deal to me. Joe and I are having a terrible time with this...I have attempted several times to call the troop leader(of the gril scouts) but she either wont answer her cell phone,or she has a child answer it and they just say "daisies are to be at the park at 10am"...and then hang up on me.

What would you all do?

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Emily's daisy leader. I'm sure I wont be winning a popularity contest anytime soon...but,this is my child and I need to make sure she is safe. I'm just NOT ready for an all day event,at a park...without parents!

Hey Kim,
I have attempted to call Traci ##### on several occassions and have not been able to get ahold of her,or any adult to answer my concerns. I have misplaced the paper,so I cant call the other number on it.
I have some major concerns with leaving Emily up at ##### for the entire day. Not sure if you are aware or not...but Emily escaped the school this year. She was outside of the building,ready to walk home before a teacher spotted her and informed the teacher. This is the way Emily is...she wonders off,becomes curious and adventous and doesnt think about consequences. To be perfectly honest,her Father and I dont let her out of our site...other then to attend school and be at *some friends houses. Neither of us are comfortable letting her stay at a park,without our supervision for any length of time. I had assumed it would be OK for one of us to be there,to make sure she is not "lost" so to speak. After the cook out this past weekend and the letter was given,we have tried to let it roll off our shoulders and just let her go...but,bottom line is...she is our kid and we have to make sure WE feel she will be safe. What are you and the other troop leaders doing to assure safety for the children? Are the children going to be 100% supervised? Does Emily truly have to be there the entire day? Or may she attend for the activities only needed for her bridging?

Thanks in advance for your response!
Nichole

</div>

</blockquote>
June 1st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that's odd that she has to be dropped off so early, and you can't be there until 4:30. If I wasn't comfortable with it I wouldn't let my child go. Plus it seems kind of immature to have children answering her cell phone with that message. My Mom had a phrase she always told me growing up "When in doubt don't" I wouldn't let my child go under the circumstances you described.
June 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
I know...after getting her child several times,I begin to wonder what type of supervison...if any at all,will be in place. Emily has been a part of this the entire year...I want her to be a part of this bridging. I want her to be able to become a browinie with this group of kids. But I refuse to just leave my kid there. I mean...a park! It's not like a secure building or anything. And it's a park we go to all the time. So,she knows her way around and probaly could walk home with ease. If someone upset her...she probaly would take to walking up the hill and home.

I need to check my email to see if I got any response yet...I'll update as I know something

</div>

</blockquote>
June 2nd, 2007, 07:23 AM
Thank you ladies for making me feel less anal and more normal! I still havent heard anything,no returned calls and no returned emails...so,we are going up to the park as a family and if they have something to say,then I just dont know what we will do. I mean,it's a public park and we just want to make sure Emily is safe. I understand wanting to surprise parents...but this is kind of extreme,kwim? So...we have to go to walgreens before hand and get a bottle of water and then we shall be on our way...I'll let you all know how it goes

</div>

</blockquote>
June 2nd, 2007, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything goes well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search