Two for Tuesday

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Post two things that people get confused over with your auto immune disorder...

With the UC people tend to believe that I have IBS....not even knowing anything about IBD. I often hear if I would change my diet it would be cured. Which it were THAT simple

With my MS people get confused because I "look OK" so they assume I feel OK....yeah this one is confusing to ME too! I've also heard alot people that think that MS is Muscular Distrophy(sp?).

One thing I know for sure....More people need to be educated of auto immune diseases!!

</div>

</blockquote>
June 5th, 2007, 07:43 AM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I often get the same thing with the crohn's-if I would change my diet then I would get better. I know there are some foods that are more prone to trigger my stomach to act up but I know that is not the cure because there is no cure.

The other thing I get is that I don't look sick because at first glance I don't appear sick. Some people just think I am lazy.
June 5th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Quote:
I often get the same thing with the crohn's-if I would change my diet then I would get better. I know there are some foods that are more prone to trigger my stomach to act up but I know that is not the cure because there is no cure.

The other thing I get is that I don't look sick because at first glance I don't appear sick. Some people just think I am lazy.[/b]
OMG! That is EXACTLY what kind of look I got this morning! My Mom and I met a family friend up at playland. She brought her granddaughter to play with Ryan. They are the same age. Lily got stuck inside the toy...nothing serious(otherwise I would have went right in) but she was whining a bit. Her Grandma knows I cant just crawl in there and get the Lily out. I WOULD for my own children,but not someone else's...sorry,it that seems rude. Well this lady acted sooooooo annoyed because I didnt jump up and get her and she jumps up and says "I'LL do it"...rolling her eyes. Well,no one asked her to go in and get her...but the look! My God...if looks could kill,I wouldnt be here now.

I have and WOULD go in after my own child,or even if a child was hurt...but I am not going to make myself a dizzy mess going in someplace that is three times to small for me. People assume...and they shouldnt!

</div>

</blockquote>
June 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
People think that since my thyroid was hyperactive I'd be skinny. I wish that was true, but no such luck.

People also assume that everyone with Graves has eyes that bulge out. Not the case with me.
June 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Quote:
People think that since my thyroid was hyperactive I'd be skinny. I wish that was true, but no such luck.

People also assume that everyone with Graves has eyes that bulge out. Not the case with me.[/b]
Your right on with that misconception...because of my own thyroid issue(whatever that may be ) I have done some research and at first I read that(eye bulging) as one of the symptoms and I did think to myself 'well,I must not have this because my eyes dont bulge out'...I'm glad you mentioned that

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search