Hit rock bottom

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Oh my goodness! Tonight we took Emily to her swim lessons and it rained earlier today,so the ground was wet and a little muddy. Well,while Emily was in lessons we walked over to the park(it's RIGHT next to the pool) and let Ryan play. I had my lawn chair and I set it up by the fence and watched. When swim was over they call for all the parents to come in and get their child. Emily was frantic running out because she wanted to play at the park like Ryan was. As I am going back to the park again,I hit a wet spot and my footing was off. I fell completly on my back. I laid there for about 3 minutes,for my dh to help me get up and then I felt OK. But since getting home,my whole body aches. My neck and head are KILLING me now. I feel like crapola BIGTIME! It could have happened to anyone,the fall. But I have been falling more and more in the past 6-9 monthes. I fall on stairs,in the shower,just walking from the livingroom to the kitchen. My balance is way off or something...common thing in MS. Time for my heating pad....urgh....

</div>

</blockquote>
June 20th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
feeling petty sore this morning

</div>

</blockquote>
June 20th, 2007, 02:11 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Aww as a former massage therapist, I'd have recommended a little bit of a cooling pad to reduce any swelling that may have occurred. Your body spasmed when you fell. It's something your body does to protect itself against immediate danger. It over reacts and now your whole body is going to be achy because your muscles were just shocked. But because they were shocked like that, it leaves your body open to bruise easily. Cold can reduce the swelling and heat caused by the bruising. That's why I'd recommend it. Heat isn't bad, but it might take longer for your body to heal if you use heat.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Think of it this way, when you were a kid and you fell and hurt yourself, what the first thing a doctor would tell your parents to do....put an ice pack on it. It's the same thing It is an old remedy but it works!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 21st, 2007, 02:21 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I'm so sorry you fell! I hope you feel better hun.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search