Mommy needs help!

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I have my kids pick up after themselves...but it's a struggle sometimes. I read this article and I think I am going to start teaching Emily how to do more things around the house. Like watering flowers and some laundry. She is capable,so why not? I need some help!

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/...for-kids.shtml

</div>

</blockquote>
July 12th, 2007, 08:18 AM
texasmomof2
How old is Emily again? My kids started helping with laundry and picking up after themselves, and even helping with dishes when they were probably 6 or 7. There is no reason at all why you can't start letting them help you, especially because you can't do it all. And Ryan is old enough to pick up his toys, we used to make a game out of the Barney "Clean Up" song when my kids were 2 and 3.

Good luck, momma!!
July 12th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Ok...so I have decided I am going to make a chart for Emily. She sets the table *sometimes* and clears her plate *sometimes*...but she can be doing alot more for her age. She will be six in September. I sing the barney song to Ryan also when I ask him to pick up his toys. I cant really get the kids to pick up as much as I would like...like I seem to always want it picked up! LOL...she can definetly start seperating laundry

</div>

</blockquote>
July 12th, 2007, 08:59 AM
texasmomof2
That's right! Her birthday and my Emily's birthday are just a couple of days apart. (Although my Emily will be 13 *gasp* in Sept!) A chore chart for both of them is a great idea. Ryan's won't be as hard of course, but it should have as many things on it, like putting clothes in the hamper. Wiping down the sink after he washes his hands or brushes his teeth. Putting his toys away in the proper places. Those are all age appropriate things that he can do. If they get all check marks for a week, then get them a small treat, like take them for an ice cream cone or something.

Just a couple of ideas.
July 12th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Quote:
That's right! Her birthday and my Emily's birthday are just a couple of days apart. (Although my Emily will be 13 *gasp* in Sept!) A chore chart for both of them is a great idea. Ryan's won't be as hard of course, but it should have as many things on it, like putting clothes in the hamper. Wiping down the sink after he washes his hands or brushes his teeth. Putting his toys away in the proper places. Those are all age appropriate things that he can do. If they get all check marks for a week, then get them a small treat, like take them for an ice cream cone or something.

Just a couple of ideas.[/b]
great ideas!! we have been working on the toy box for the past hour or more. We have a HUGE toy box in the dining room because the kids dont like being upstairs alone...so i had both of them get inside and start dumping out toys...they thought that was cool!! then I started to label everything and put it back in...now i can actually close the lid!! i had both of them taking buckets of toys upstairs to their rooms. emily had to get all her stuffed animals together and put them up on her bed and ryan put his trucks in order. i need to take a picture of the toy box...i am proud!!

</div>

</blockquote>
July 13th, 2007, 08:32 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Hey girl, glad to see this. I just posted in one of your posts and hoped I wasn't going too far. I see you have already thought about this though. Kids really can help out around the house.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
July 13th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I DID take a picture of the kids toy box and I will be posting it as soon as I get it loaded up. I forgot the before picture but ya all know what kind of mess kids make...so you'll have to use your imagination...LOL

</div>

</blockquote>
July 14th, 2007, 09:10 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I was dusting, cleaning toliets, mowing the lawn, washing the dishes, doing laundry, taking out trash, cleaning tubs, wiping counters, helping to wash the car, by the time I was 10. I think my mom must have started us at about 4 or so... I don't know. Matthew is now learning how to cook and how to properly adjust the washingmachine... I am going to teach him to add soap and how to carefully add toliet bowl chemical this year... he knows how to do the rest. I cannot imagine learning when I was out on my own. How did it go?

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
July 14th, 2007, 05:20 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I have the girls doing certain chores around the house. They get a star for the day if they complete them without fuzzing and after they get 40 stars I will go out and get them a webkinz. That is their new thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search