Eye color connection?

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I read in a book while being dx that there is connection between eyes and MS. It stated that majoriy of folks with MS have a fleck of golden color in their eye,just one eye...not both. How weird is that?!? Of course I jumped right up and checked in the mirror...I checked and I dont have a fleck of gold in my eye..but I DO have what appears to be a freckle in my right eye.

Anyway...just out of curiousity,what color eyes do you have?

</div>

</blockquote>
July 13th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Blue eyes for me.
July 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Mine are kinda hazel,green and brown

</div>

</blockquote>
July 14th, 2007, 08:03 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Mine are Hazel, but the irises are yellow with a black or dark grey borderline in the morning. I't probably the way the light hits it but it's been like that every I am. Otherwise, they are yellow in the middle and greenish, greyish, bluish on the outside with a darker grey on the outside border. They also seem to change slightly with what I'm wearing. I don't have any gold or freckles anywhere in my eyes.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
July 14th, 2007, 05:24 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
Hazel/blue.

How many of us have IBD and have blue/hazel eyes? Just curious.
July 15th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Hazel/blue.

How many of us have IBD and have blue/hazel eyes? Just curious.[/b]
Thats a good question..so far,for us...we both have hazel eyes,even if your are blue hazel and mine are green hazel

</div>

</blockquote>
July 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
sighandbreathe's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to sighandbreathe
Bad thread for a hypochondriac to open. I looked and seem to have a freckle-like spot in my left eye, as well as a lighter-colored spot in the lower right corner of my left iris. My eyes are sort of light brown/coppery color. They used to be very, very dark but they have lightened in the past couple of years.

This makes me worried, especially with my left arm going numb and limp and now that's happening to my feet too, along with this weird pulling pins and needles feeling- sort of like they are cramping up but without actually contorting and cramping. I need to see a rheumatologist soon anyway, I am having a bad flare but now I'm worried I have MS and not lupus (mostly because of what's happening with my feet, not because of this thread).
July 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM
texasmomof2
Quote:
Bad thread for a hypochondriac to open. I looked and seem to have a freckle-like spot in my left eye, as well as a lighter-colored spot in the lower right corner of my left iris. My eyes are sort of light brown/coppery color. They used to be very, very dark but they have lightened in the past couple of years.

This makes me worried, especially with my left arm going numb and limp and now that's happening to my feet too, along with this weird pulling pins and needles feeling- sort of like they are cramping up but without actually contorting and cramping. I need to see a rheumatologist soon anyway, I am having a bad flare but now I'm worried I have MS and not lupus (mostly because of what's happening with my feet, not because of this thread).[/b]
Ashton, that happens to me with my Lupus. Something to do with the inflammation pushing on the nerves. They test me like once a year for MS just to be sure, but it has always come back negative. And my rheumy isn't the one that ever tests me, she sends me to a neurologist for that.

My eyes are very dark brown.
July 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Quote:

This makes me worried, especially with my left arm going numb and limp and now that's happening to my feet too, along with this weird pulling pins and needles feeling- sort of like they are cramping up but without actually contorting and cramping. I need to see a rheumatologist soon anyway, I am having a bad flare but now I'm worried I have MS and not lupus (mostly because of what's happening with my feet, not because of this thread).[/b]
I'm sorry,I didnt mean to worry you

Have you seen a Neurologist ever? I'm worried about your left arm and foot going numb and limp. Make sure you tell your Dr every symptom you have,even if it seems minor. Like for me,frequant urination wasnt THAT big of a deal...but it's a symptom to many illnesses,including MS.

Anyway...let us know

</div>

</blockquote>
July 16th, 2007, 06:01 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Blue, but sometimes they have a small tint of green if I am out in the sun.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search