Tag

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Since it's the weekend,I figure lets have some fun!!! Lets play tag....

The first person posts a story about themself, and at the end, you tag someone, and they tell their story..and so on and so forth. It can be anything you want, as long as it's a true story about you...funny, sad, inspirational, anything!

The next person to read this is IT...your tagged!! So then,you tell your story

My story:

I dont know why this popped into my head...but I figure I might as well start with this story. It's when I had Emily. Every year we go to the apple festival in town. It's usually the weekend right around my birthday. This time it happened I was ninth monthes pregnant. The morning started off normal,except I lost my mucous plug. I knew labor would be coming soon...especially since I was two weeks over due! But...it's tradition. We went to the apple festival!!

We got there and were walking around. Joe got me my normal cotton candy fix and my tummy started to hurt BAD! Dummy me kept walking though,complaining. It didnt register that SOMETHING was happening,there...kwim:? Finally after about two hours of walking the festival,I told Joe that I need to go home to rest....I wasnt feeling well. He wasnt ready to call it a night,so we went to the video store. I decided to wait in the car,since the ride OVER the rail road tracks really killed me!! Joe was in the video store for 20 minutes. During that 20 minutes I noticed that my "stomach aches" were five minutes apart! He came out and I told him I was in labor. He didnt believe me because I hadnt really thought or said anything about labor earlier that day. Just that I wasnt feeling well. So we drove home...back over those dang tracks!

Once we were home I made a little bit to eat and laid down on the couch. Joe started his movie and was relaxing. I got up and laid down,got up and laid down,got up and laid down...this went on for an hour or so. Finally I said to Joe...I am in labor and we need to go to the hospital. "No no,your not in labor,not yet"....WHAT?!? I called my Dr soon after he told me I wasmnt in labor. I explain my symptoms and she syas "go to the hospital,your in labor"...Joe was schocked...like I hadnt already mentioned that a hundred times already!!

We get to the hospital and I am 4cm. I walk,and come back...getting annoyed and ready to just have my baby girl.My pain is getting worse and I request to see the drug Dr(cant think of the name). He tells me my options,then leaves me to decide. My Dr kinda told me to hold out,not to have the epideral. I trusted her and didnt. Time past and I was in major discomfort. I called the nurse and told her I NEEDED something for pain. She checked me and I was 9cm...too late. It was almost time to push!

I pushed for nearly 3 hours and was tore twice by miss Emily tring to get stuck coming out. I was then cut up my rectum to allow room for her,her elbow got stuck. I was ready to pass out and ten a nurse came running,looking horrified. She had a bucket of water and dumped it on me. It was freezing cold,but felt really good because my area was so sore from being torn/cut. After I met my beautiful little girl. She was the sweetest little person,I ever knew.

Crazy little birth story,eh? LOL...I remember it like it was yesterday and I wouldnt change a thing!

Tag...Your it!!

</div>

</blockquote>
July 14th, 2007, 11:12 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
That is sweet!

Not sure what to tell... I always seem to be full of stories, and I think I have told most of them... Oh, here is one I probably haven't told...

I did work with my church organization to earn a small college scholarship when I was 19 and 20. It was over the summer and I would go to different churches and teach vacation bible school. I would stay in a different house each week.

Well at one house (these people took a bath, saved the water and each person would bath in it, until everyone was done then the water was drained... but that is a different story)... there was a bat. One time I spoke up and said if I ever saw the bat again (i had seen it once and was told to hid... which I did) that I would not hide.

Well, one night late I was playing a computer game in the older boys bedroom (he was out of town and I was staying in that room) and I heard the bat. Then I looked up and I saw it. It was coming at me. (for real) So, I grab something (I think a shirt or something) and I wack at it. It falls down and get up and flies at me again (no kidding). This happened several times, finally (I was near freaking out... but I had obligated myself to this, even though no one was around to see) I had to come up with something else. So, I grabbed a big towel and tossed it on top of the thing. Then I bundled it up and put it outside. We didn't hear from the bat again... at least not the rest of the week that I was there. That was the second of two summers I had spent at that house, the first time was sans bat.

Okay, tag, you are it!

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
July 14th, 2007, 05:19 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I guess I am next.

Well for someone reason this pop in my head. Maybe because 10 years ago it happen. I was pregnant with Dave and was very close to my due date. I was ready for him to come but the doctor said no. Well I was in the post office in town mailing some letters off when I felt a little stream go down my leg. I thought my water broke. Hey I was at least over my due date and being my first pregnancy I though that the moment had happen. I call my husband and told him that I thought my water had broke. We got in the truck and drove over to Birmingham for the fourth time to L&D. By now the L & D staff at the hospital knew me by name because I had been in there so many times thinking I was in labor. They checked me and everything and the stream of water down my leg was not my water breaking but Dave kicking my bladder and I peed all over myself.

Okay, tag, you are it!
July 15th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Ok...quick tag story before we head out to breakfast....

This would be a good one to relate to my MS and how my cognitive memory is just really crummy and this was awhile ago...so it's only gotten worse,at least I think so...

I was upstairs in the bathroom and was washing my face in the bathroom sink. I walked away for a few minutes and got distracted with something else...forgot I was washing my face and headed downstairs. I was playing with Emily and hanging out,watching tv...normal stuff. Then I went into the kicthen to get dinner started. This was seceral hours later. I went in and started to see a drip on the ceiling. It didnt dawn on me...I stood there confused trying to figure out WHY the ceiling was dripping. It was coming out of the light Thats when I realize3d the water upstairs was still running. I ran up there and turned it off. I noticed later on that it was clear down to my basement...dripping through little cracks. I couldnt believe it! Joe was NOT happy!!

OK...tag your it!

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search