Lauren

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I saw your siggy I have never heard of larva before...whats wrong

</div>

</blockquote>
July 17th, 2007, 09:59 AM
texasmomof2
Yeah, I saw your siggy, too. What's wrong with Cooper? I want to pray for your doggie, too. I am such an animal lover and I hate for animals to be sick or hurt because they can't tell us what is wrong.
July 18th, 2007, 02:08 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Larva? You mean Canine Parvovirus.

Cooper started to have excessive vomiting and diarrhea early Thursday morning. I took him to the vet in the afternoon and they couldn't tell me much. He tested negative for just about everything. He was still sick Friday so I took him back again. They diagnosed him with bacterial colitis. He was getting worse come Saturday so they admitted him to "puppy intensive care" and diagnosed him with Parvo.

It was a really long weekend for me and my family. I talked to the vet three to four times each day and she kept giving me bad news. Well Monday there was a glimmer of hope. I got to take him home Tuesday evening. It's 4am and I have not gone to bed because I am so paranoid he will relapse and I won't be awake to rush him back to the clinic. So far he has not vomitted or had diarrhea in well over 48 hours. He is eating and drinking as well. He is also acting like his normal self now. He could potentially relapse but right now he is okay. It's just a waiting game for now.

Although his vet bill would have bought me a brand new car. I'm just glad he is okay.

Thanks for asking!!!

</div>
July 18th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Larva? You mean Canine Parvovirus.

Cooper started to have excessive vomiting and diarrhea early Thursday morning. I took him to the vet in the afternoon and they couldn't tell me much. He tested negative for just about everything. He was still sick Friday so I took him back again. They diagnosed him with bacterial colitis. He was getting worse come Saturday so they admitted him to "puppy intensive care" and diagnosed him with Parvo.

It was a really long weekend for me and my family. I talked to the vet three to four times each day and she kept giving me bad news. Well Monday there was a glimmer of hope. I got to take him home Tuesday evening. It's 4am and I have not gone to bed because I am so paranoid he will relapse and I won't be awake to rush him back to the clinic. So far he has not vomitted or had diarrhea in well over 48 hours. He is eating and drinking as well. He is also acting like his normal self now. He could potentially relapse but right now he is okay. It's just a waiting game for now.

Although his vet bill would have bought me a brand new car. I'm just glad he is okay.

Thanks for asking!!![/b]
OMG! Blame my MS...I dont have a clue what I was thinking...BUT my heart was in the right place! LOL

Puppy intensive care Poor baby pup! I'm glad you were able to get him home and he seems to be in recovery. Vet bills are just awful..I wish there was pet insurance!!

</div>

</blockquote>
July 18th, 2007, 08:15 AM
texasmomof2
Aw, your sweet little baby. I am so glad he is doing ok now. Parvo is such a scary thing, and you can't vaccinate them against it until they are a certain age. I will keep praying for him. People might think I am silly to pray for an animal, but my doggies and kitty have gotten me through so many things when people haven't been there for me. Please keep us posted on Cooper.

Charlie (my male beagle) got bit by a brown recluse spider back in January, and the vet bill was close to $1000. My now soon-to-be-XH told me just to have him put to sleep (the a-hole.) There is no way I would have done that unless the vet told me there was just nothing they could do for him. Charlie is my baby. I've had him since before XH and I even got married.

I'm so glad that it looks like Cooper is going to be ok. My dad had a dachshund puppyy with Parvo last summer, and she turned out just fine-except for the high vet bill.

July 18th, 2007, 10:59 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Quote:
OMG! Blame my MS...I dont have a clue what I was thinking...BUT my heart was in the right place! LOL

Puppy intensive care Poor baby pup! I'm glad you were able to get him home and he seems to be in recovery. Vet bills are just awful..I wish there was pet insurance!![/b]
There is pet insurance available. It's only $10 a month. We just never purchased it. I'm kind of wishing we had now! He is doing much better. I just hope he doesn't have a relapse!

Quote:
Aw, your sweet little baby. I am so glad he is doing ok now. Parvo is such a scary thing, and you can't vaccinate them against it until they are a certain age. I will keep praying for him. People might think I am silly to pray for an animal, but my doggies and kitty have gotten me through so many things when people haven't been there for me. Please keep us posted on Cooper.

Charlie (my male beagle) got bit by a brown recluse spider back in January, and the vet bill was close to $1000. My now soon-to-be-XH told me just to have him put to sleep (the a-hole.) There is no way I would have done that unless the vet told me there was just nothing they could do for him. Charlie is my baby. I've had him since before XH and I even got married.

I'm so glad that it looks like Cooper is going to be ok. My dad had a dachshund puppyy with Parvo last summer, and she turned out just fine-except for the high vet bill.[/b]
Parvo is definitely a very scary thing. One day he was fine and the next the vet was telling me he may not make it. I was terrified! I still am. We actually have had him vaccinated for parvo. Once very early on and the next a couple months later. Apparently the shot is not 100% effective. I totally understand what you mean about pets being there. My four dogs have always been there for me when others weren't. They don't judge you and love you regardless of who you are.

I don't understand why it is so expensive to treat animals. I guess because there are such limited resources compared to human care. It was $1,100 a night plus medicine and diagnostics per day for Cooper. I have decided Cooper better start pooping out gold for me.

Thanks for all your support!!

</div>
July 19th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Oh wow! I didnt know their was actually pet insurance...I need to check into that for our doggie

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search