Ryan's bathroom habits

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Since Ry Guy is still in diapers,I can keep an extra close eye on his bowel habits. How often he goes,formity and such. Yes,this IS odd...but having IBD I feel the need to make sure my children arent showing signs of it. Emily uses the potty,but forgets to flush still...so hers I check out too!

Anyway...I have always been concerned about his bowel habits. He goes ALOT! I mean on average he has a BM 5 times a day. It is never solid,always more on the mushy side...but I wouldnt say diarrea. I have brought this to his Dr attention and he just says we will keep an eye on things. Well...he had that bought when he was in the hospital...but otherwise seems fine. He appears healthy and strong. Just he goes soooo much!

I wonder if he has an allergy or something?? Can he be tested for food allergies at this age? Would it even seem like the right thing to do right now....

</div>

</blockquote>
July 18th, 2007, 11:05 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
One of my brothers had a very similar issue. He was tested for all sorts of allergies and the doctors did a scope of his intestinal track. They never were able to figure out what was wrong with him. I have no idea if he still has problems. He's 21 now and doesn't discuss that.

Your son definitely can be tested for food allergies. You can do a test when they are little babies. It may be an allergy or he just may have a really crazy digestive system. It's not abnormal to have several bowel movements a day. As long as he isn't really complaining of any pain or having diarrhea. I'm not a doctor obviously so don't take my advice to heart. I just know from experience with tons of gastroenterologists that the problem is when there is pain, irritation, or excessive diarrhea.

Mention it to your doctor again!!!

</div>
July 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I wonder if it is an allergy to dairy. As a baby he was on Isomil,lactose free formula. But after his first birthday his Dr said to give milk a try. I did,and nothing changed. He has always had several BM's a day. What bothers me is they are never formed,it's always loose stool. There are times when his little tummy is hard,but it goes away. I will mention it to his Dr again

</div>

</blockquote>
July 19th, 2007, 08:52 AM
sighandbreathe's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to sighandbreathe
My brother-in-law says he feels constipated if he doesn't get to have at least five bowel movements in a day. I can't imagine having six or seven bm's a day like he does! From what I've learned from my in-laws, males are just poopier than females. All the guys in my husband's family have 3+ bm's a day if they eat properly. I'm lucky if I get three in a week!

Yay, POOP!
July 20th, 2007, 08:51 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Quote:
I wonder if it is an allergy to dairy. As a baby he was on Isomil,lactose free formula. But after his first birthday his Dr said to give milk a try. I did,and nothing changed. He has always had several BM's a day. What bothers me is they are never formed,it's always loose stool. There are times when his little tummy is hard,but it goes away. I will mention it to his Dr again[/b]
It's definitely a possibility!!!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search