Depression

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I dont get me anymore. I dont fully understand my Bi-Polar diagnosis. The Dr that DX me is no longer with the practice and I have yet to see my new doctor(although I have canceled two appts). No one has really explaine dhow I will feel,what to look for...behaviors I may have,etc...

Well,this week has been really hard on me. I havent felt great and my energy level is just shot. I dont even have the energy to shower. I do it...but it's a dailey struggle.

I am getting upset and crying over silly things. I feel like people are "picking" on me and when I mention it,I am told I am being over sensitive. Maybe I am...who knows.

I wonder if this is the depression side of my bi-polar...I'm so confused.

</div>

</blockquote>
July 24th, 2007, 08:41 AM
texasmomof2
Yes, yes, and yes. This could very well be the depression side of your bipolar. I am going through the exact same thing right now. Please make an appt to see the doc. I just saw mine yesterday and he switched me to a new anti-depressant that is also an anti-psychotic. Apparently my old anti-depressant wasn't doing the trick. I've gotten to where nothing is fun anymore, I don't want to get out of bed to take a shower, don't want to cook dinner, all I want to do is sleep, and that is just not me. I am usually a very bubbly and happy person. I like the manic side of bi-poloar, and I am just not in it right now, and all I want to do right now is cry. That's no fun!!

Please, please make an appt for as soon as you can. I promise there is an upside, and no one wants you to feel miserable, especially me, honey!!
July 24th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
for both of you.
July 25th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Well,I had an appointment with my therapist today-the one that rx my meds. I had to cancel again...and not by my chose this time! My Mom also had an appointment at the same time and she couldnt watch the kids. I dont have anyone else...so I canceled. I cant get in until August 9th. that seems so far away! I am the same way. I am literally being forced to shower and dress. Yesterday my Mom bribed me to get ready and we would shop for Emily's school clothes. So,I did and we had a great day! We went to like 4 different stores and found super cute clothes. But the minute I got home,I ran upstairs to put my jammies back on.

I need to have my sleep aid changed,I think...It's taking me so long to get tired anymore! I am taking it at 7pm,before the kids are even in bed and I still dont get tired until 11pm or after! Thats NOT right!! I am exhausted in the morning,before I even get out of bed. I want to sleep all day long,but cant. I force myself out of bed...but it takes me probaly 20 minutes to convince myself that YES,Ryan really IS calling for me from his bed.

It seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago that I was a million miles an hour,chat chat chat...wanting to visit friends/family...get out of the house...swimming in the pool,etc...now I just want to mold into my couch.

When I get like this,I tend to slow down online as well,because I dont want to come across as a depressed person. I really am nice

</div>

</blockquote>
July 25th, 2007, 01:03 PM
texasmomof2
That's exactly the way I was. About 2 weeks to a month ago I was nonstop go go go all the time, and I couldn't sleep from being so hyper. Now it's all I can do to crawl out of bed in the mornings, and I've been late for work every day this week. (thankfully they are VERY understanding!) I just started the new antidepressant last night, so hopefully it will help, and funny that today I already feel better. I know that it takes more than a day to start working, but maybe it's just knowing that I am taking something different?? Who knows? Anyway, August 8th is only 2 weeks away, honey. I'll just make you laugh until then!! LOL
July 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Quote:
That's exactly the way I was. About 2 weeks to a month ago I was nonstop go go go all the time, and I couldn't sleep from being so hyper. Now it's all I can do to crawl out of bed in the mornings, and I've been late for work every day this week. (thankfully they are VERY understanding!) I just started the new antidepressant last night, so hopefully it will help, and funny that today I already feel better. I know that it takes more than a day to start working, but maybe it's just knowing that I am taking something different?? Who knows? Anyway, August 8th is only 2 weeks away, honey. I'll just make you laugh until then!! LOL[/b]
You are on duty as of now,Janetta! I need them laughs...LOL

</div>

</blockquote>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search