Really feeling sick

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
texasmomof2
Ugh-I am so nauseated today. If I didn't know better I'd think I had morning sickness all day. (Thank goodness I know THAT's Not the case-LOLOLOL) It started yesterday after I did my methotrexate shot, so the only thing I can think of is that maybe since they changed my antidepressant it is a reaction between my antidepressant and the methotrexate?

All I want to do is throw up. Which I normally don't mind (you know-that whole purging after I eat thing), but I don't like feeling nauseated. I am not functioning very well at work today. I'd rather be home in bed asleep.
July 30th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you called your doctor or pharmacist to see if it is a reaction between the two meds? I'm sorry you don't feel well. That nauseous feeling is awful.
July 31st, 2007, 06:15 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I'm sorry you are feeling so sick. I suggest calling your doctor or local pharmacist to determine whether the drugs interacted. I hope you feel better hun! Being nauseated is horrible.

</div>
July 31st, 2007, 10:28 AM
texasmomof2
Yeah, I talked to my rheumatologist and my psychiatrist BOTH yesterday, and they both said that if it was a drug interaction it should have only lasted a few hours at the most.

When I got home from work yesterday I almost passed out in my bathroom floor-not cool-so I ended up lying down on the couch most of the night. The kids said I kept wanting to call my mom on the phone to come take care of me, so Austin finally told her he would call her for me. I guess he just said that to appease me, since I obviously can't call my mom in heaven. Threw up until about 3 this morning. Slept until about 8:30, came to work and called my doctor who said no way is that a drug interaction because it has been going on for 3 days and made me an appt to see her this afternoon.

My symptoms are: a migraine headache-the worst I've ever had, a really stiff neck and shoulders, vomiting and nausea, tingling in my hands and fingers, sore all over like I have the flu, and a low grade fever. Maybe just my Lupus flaring, but I don't usually get the nausea and vomiting with that. UGH. I probably shouldn't have come to work today, but I had SO much to do.
August 3rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Are you feeling any better??

</div>
August 3rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Ugh, I'm so sorry hun. My mom is on methatrexate and she says it makes her feel really sick too.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search