How has...

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM
Alison's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
everyone been feeling?

November 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Pretty good!

I just saw my neuro this past Wednesday and he seems to feel very positive about how my MS is progressing. I haven't had a single symptom since I was originally diagnosed in 2003 and things are still looking up. He mentioned that some people get a few symptoms and then their body re-stabilizes itself and does not get another attack for a very long time and sometimes stays in remission for the rest of their lives. He's hoping I'm one of those people. He just wants to make sure he sees me at least once during my pregnancy (assuming this last attempt works).

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
November 1st, 2007, 09:45 PM
that's awesome!!! are you on meds? which one?

November 2nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Since I'm trying to become pregnant, my doctor does not want me on any meds. He did want me to be on Copaxone since that drugs is the only one that has not shown complications in pregnant rats. The molecules are too big to get into breast milk as well when that time comes. But, I became so allergic to the medicine, I can no longer be on that drug. I went into anaphylactic shock...not a good thing! So the other CRABs (minus the 'c') have shown to not be good so with those prone to miscarriage. Though, normally just stopping any of those meds when one finds out they are pregnant is fine, my doctor didn't want to take any risks. So, I'm off all meds until I'm done pursuing my family attempts.

I was going to try Avonex at one point, but I got pregnant before I was able to start. I've also been on Rebif. That's ok. The shots do sting a little, but I'm used to that. I don't get the welts like I did with Copaxone, and it's not as common to have welts anyhow with Rebif...

I'm fine with all that. The longer I'm off those shots, the happier I am . But I'll take them when I am told to start on them again. I've been off meds now for almost a year. I consider myself lucky!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
November 3rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
That's great that you're doing so well without meds! I'm on Betaseron right now and it's working ok. I've only been on since Aug and I do it every other day. I am constantly exhausted, but my nurse said it's just my body getting used to the meds. I had to work my way up gradually to a full dose, which I am at now, so I should be "back to normal" soon!

November 4th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been feeling pretty well thank goodness. I'm still a little sluggish in the mornings, but by the time I go to break at work I'm OK.
November 4th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Feeling good just in time for a break...sounds like a plan to me!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search