signing your name?

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2008, 05:49 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Have any of your kids done this? What age?

Sierra has to fill out an assignment book daily, and the teacher likes for us to sign it each night so she knows that they did their homework. I admit that at best I only remember to sign the stupid thing twice a week. Well yesterday her teacher called about her not turning in assignments for a class she has NEVER had homework for. I got to looking and there are notes in the assignment book about things being late, and SHE SIGNED MY NAME on it!!! Isn't this really young for this type of behaviour? I mean... I NEVER signed my parents names. (I did sign things for friends, but never my own parents, and that was like our junior year. She's 10! WTH?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
September 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
nobody here signs.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
September 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
My kids never tried that, but I certainly did. For me and my brother. I think it was high school though.
September 20th, 2008, 03:32 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I'm really afraid that I have my hands full with this one. She's being so rebellious already! And she's only 10. I honestly have nightmares about what she'll be up to in high school! Which is why I am up and on the computer at 4:30 am on a Saturday instead of in bed recovering from my laparoscopic surgery like I SHOULD be doing. ARGH! kids should come with an instruction manual!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
September 20th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
The should Steph. Here's my best advise, and let me tell you Sarah was and sometimes still is a handful, don't sweat the small stuff. Give clear rules and clear consequences for each infraction. Be consistent and don't let her push your buttons. And most importantly, take deep breaths and react in love and not anger. ((HUGS))
September 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My son did that last year. He gets a "tuesday folder" and he signed my name to it once. I was so upset and we sat down and talked to him about it. So far he has not done it again!
September 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes! He was in 3rd and 4th grade when he tried this. He signed one paper Dad Then one paper my name but with pencil and I never use pencil,then again BM with pencil.

~~~Thanks Patty(pattyandthemoos)for this great siggy~~~

September 22nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashley hasn't tried that yet, well I haven't caught her at least. Based on her personality though I don't think she would. I never did it as a teen either although I did other things that were much worse LOL.
September 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaeli hasn't tried that yet. I'm sure she will. I did, but I think it was HS.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
September 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Regular
My oldest who is now 24 did this in middle school about 7th grade. Here they get ISS (In school suspension) if caught signing parents name.
Try to talk to your daughter about what is going on why she is not turning her papers in. Get her to understand the legalities of punishment and what the consequences are.

I agree looking at the agenda every day is old when our lives are so full. But you may need to mark it on the calendar and check it off every day. I had 3 kids in 2 schools and it was tough. Now I have only 1 in high school and they don't do this. But it was hard to remember back then so I understand your dilemma.

Good luck in resolving this with your daughter. Just get her to open up and I'm sure the answer will come.

September 30th, 2008, 09:02 PM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In 6th grade (still like an elementary classroom, with one teacher and one class), I got in trouble for shooting spitballs. I was supposed to take a note home to my parents to get signed. I never did. I forged my dad's name and brought it back to school. I never shot another spitball, in my life, since then. I shudder to think what would have happened at home, if my parents had found out. They still don't know about it and I'm 48 years old! Getting caught by the teacher was all the punishment I needed. So, 6th grade is 10-11 years old. I only did it that one time, though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search