"Chores"

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2005, 12:48 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do your kids do chores?

February 5th, 2005, 12:52 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jared has to keep his room clean & keep things picked up after himself.
My other kids were the same way when they were growing up. I have always done everything else.

February 6th, 2005, 09:38 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Absolutely. He is 10, he empties the dishwasher, folds his laundry/puts it away, sets the table, occasionally he helps sweep, vacuum and cook. He likes to help me with yardwork and makes a feeble attempt to keep his room from looking like a total disaster!

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
February 7th, 2005, 07:25 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Definitely yes. Although, it's sad, my 3 year old cleans better than my 12 year old half the time.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
February 10th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Heck yes, there is no way I will be their maid!

They feed the animals, do the trash, put away and wash dishes, take care of their own rooms (there is a joke in there somewhere), clean their bathroom, cleanup the family room, put away their clothes (another joke somewhere), cut the grass.

They rotate jobs each month.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
February 10th, 2005, 11:46 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
Adrian (11 yo boy) has a list of chores for everyday of the week

Everyday before school he has to make his bed and pick up his floor, feed the dogs and give them fresh water and take out the trash. After school he as to pick up dog poop in the yard, do his home work and then he can go out and play.

Dinner time he sets the table, and after dinner he clears it and rinses dishes so that I wash them.

On Friday's before he goes to his fathers house or my parents house he has to clean the bathroom (toilet, shower, sink, tub, sweep the floor, etc). He has to dust his furniture in his room, bring all the dirty laundry downstairs (because I can't lift it), sweep his floor, dust mop his floor, and give the dogs a bath.

When it snows he shovels the walkways and the driveway with the electric shovel that we have. Because I have an injury and we have tenants and we have to be on top of it for insurance reasons.

He sometimes offers to help out more around the house, when he is in the mood. Sometimes it is the battle of the century though.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
March 2nd, 2005, 09:43 AM
Mellie's Avatar Regular
I never give Kori chores to do. If she sees something that needs to be done she does it. She'll put clothes in the washer/dryer, put dishes in the dish washer, empty the trash, fold clothes, vacuum, mop, etc.

The only thing that I ask of her is to keep her room and bathroom clean as well as the gameroom. And now the nursery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search