Really struggling

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 06:12 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I know I am pretty new here but I am at a loss..
Tyler my 12 year old is out of control. He was diagnosed with bi-polar within the last few months and has been ADHD since he was 5. The last few months he has gotten sooo bad, I can't take it. I cry every day over him. He is out of control, lies, violent, angry, mood swings, talks back, just mean and nasty. I can't take it anymore. He sses his Psych tomorrow but I don't care for him. I just don't know what to do anymore, part of me is hoping this is part of his age?

January 9th, 2011, 04:39 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
some things might be age related, but if he is bipolar then I'm sure there are resources out there that can help you and him deal with it better. Sorry you and your son are going through this. I can only imagine how difficult this must be

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

January 9th, 2011, 05:20 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Obviously meds are not the answer for every family, but is he on medication for this? I'm a teacher and currently have a 6 yr old in my classroom with this disorder who has episodes like this. He recently was placed on medication- a low dose as well as receiving counseling for him and is family. I know I've personally seen a difference in his behavior.

Of course this age brings back talk and mood swings, but of course the bi-polar disorder is going to magnify this type of behavior and at times bring it on more often. I would certainly discuss it with the doctor for options for him but for you as well to deal with it. Bi-polar can be a very, very draining disorder for everyone involved until it is maintained. Hugs to you and I hope you can find some resources that will help.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
January 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Thanks ladies..yes he is on meds for his ADHD and his bi-polar. We saw his psych today and it was actually a decent visit. we mostly dicussed his lying and school. he is going to hrlp me get an iEP for Tyler and also his next visit get him on something for his anxiety.

January 10th, 2011, 05:02 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad today's visit went well. good luck on getting the IEP

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

January 10th, 2011, 05:16 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Glad the visit went well. Hope the IEP helps and you can begin to deal with his lying.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search