Hey ladies!

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 08:21 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Just thought I would poke my head in over here and join in on all the "cool" stuff that teenagers do. My oldest son is turning 12 in June.

I was 17 when I had him, and we have done alot of growing up together. I always thought that I was one of those super cool moms. In fact, I know I'm a super cool mom. Anyhow, it is true that my son is a great kid. He's got a great attitude, very smart and is the greatest big brother that my other kids could ask for. What does concern me a bit now is the getting into that age of "Mom, don't hug me, that's not cool. Oh mom, don't say that, you're going to embarass me." I just wonder where my little boy went to.

Of course, there are times when I see myself in him. Like the whole huffing thing and then rolling his eyes at me. Yeah, I used to do that, and it is coming back to bite me. I can't tell you how many times I have apologized to my mom for having done that to her, but it doesn't keep my son from doing it. That's an age thing right? Right?

Anyhow, I wanted to introduce myself to you ladies and see if any of you had suggestions for staying cool, but also staying out of their way too.

April 11th, 2011, 03:25 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Amanda and welcome to the board. I'm Michelle. My preteen is David age 12.

David has not reached that stage. I do silly things in public that could be embarrassing to him and he just bust out laughing and doesn't seem to get embarrassed. he's also very touchy feely so he hugs on me a lot. I can already tell that my now 8 y/o will be the one to get embarrassed by me not want to public attention. Not sure how I'll react when that happens

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search