Attitude Problem

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hello,

This evening I was pushed past the limit and require some assistance from anyone who may have had a similar situation.

I have three sons, one is a college student who just graduated and is moving back in. The other two are twins, however the attitude issue belongs to the youngest of the three. The twins will be starting high school in August.

My son is an absolute angel in public. Does great in school and does countless hours of community service hours. Is great in every aspect, expect when he is home, with myself, with his brothers, or his father.

My sons are spoiled, and this evening after coming home from going out on our boat he wouldn't take a shower after his brother because it was dirty. However, it wasn't. After 10 minutes of pleading with him, telling him to get in the shower, my husband came in. Another 5-10 minutes passed in the bathroom of telling him to get in the shower, he still wouldn't.

My husband had to force him into the bathtub (my husband dislocated his shoulder), and had to supervise him while showering.

I'm not sure if he is jealous of his older brother. He calls me and wants to know about my whereabouts as if he were my boyfriend/husband.

I was wondering if anyone had gone through something like this? If anyone would recommend boot camp, therapy, etc.?

Thank you for your time!
July 19th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Hopeful
I have only 1 child, a 12 year old. I don't know how to advise you but wish you tons of luck! Maybe start with therapy with the entire family and individual sessions with the youngest one. Anywho...good luck!
August 6th, 2011, 07:58 AM
these are the times that try our souls.
I wish you the best of luck
August 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are things going with your son?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

October 12th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Best of luck. I need answers myself. Sorry i could not help. But let me know if you have been helped.
October 14th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Solutions can vary, but they mainly depend on what is causing the child to behave negatively. A new baby, a divorce or a death in the family, for example, can all trigger attitude problems. Getting it out in the open can ease the child's behavioral problems and insecurities will probably be short-lived. So, find out if there is something in particular he or she is stressed about. Establish that calm and controlled communication with him. Ensure the child is getting proper nutrition and enough sleep as well. Sleep deprivation and hunger are the most common culprits behind behavioral problems. For extreme cases, in addition to individual therapy for the child, consider family therapy. These therapists might help teach you some proactive parenting ways to deal with your kid's behavioral problems.
November 18th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Alyssa_v gave some good advice I'd consider strongly. I definitely wish you luck in figuring out what is going on. Keep us posted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search