Shopping for a teen?

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I have a 13 y.o. whom is very vague about what she wants for Christmas. Just "cool and unique" accessories is fine with her (my little boy on the other hand has made it very clear on what he wants with his 4 1/2 page Christmas list ). Now, a 43 y.o.'s woman's definition of "cool and unique" is fairly different from a teen's perspective, and so I really need advice on what to get her.
Here are some things I found online:

Bohemian Bracelet made w/ Antique Brass Ball Chain & by ciaralg

Pastel Bracelet made w/ Antique Brass Ball Chain & Pink by ciaralg

Womens Scarf Teen Scarf Fashion Scarf Long by bravoinbloom

Adult & Teen Ring by CharminglyCouture on Etsy

Reversible Black and White Striped Kids or Teen by tuteesribbon

Chic Swarovski Crystal Earrings Dancing Away Earrings by ciaralg (I don't know if I like this for her or if I just really like this for me, LOL!)

I've been blessed with a teen daughter that is easy to please and doesn't like for me to shop for her, but cursed when it comes to Christmas because I never know what to get for her (the son, on the other hand, is too easy to shop for, LOL!)! I thought I'd start with some Etsy stores because I remember her buying a scarf on there while on Grandma's computer a while back. However, if you know of any other stores or sites with accessories that your teen is into, please let me know! In the meantime, do you think any of the above accessories would be something your teen/pre-teen daughter would be into? Are these "cool and unique"? Advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
Lisa
November 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I think those are some great ideas. I never thought of looking on Etsy, you actually game me some ideas!! My dd is 11 and she'd love a lot of those items especially the bracelets. My dd is into clothes from places such as Aero and Hollister..with the name all over them

Nail polish, headbands? I've found some cute headbands @ places like Target that my dd loves. Boots..my girls go nuts for boots (even my 6 yr old) Old Navy has some cute ones right now with sequence that I think I'll be picking up for both girls.

Hope that helps some.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
November 21st, 2011, 08:30 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmommy View Post
Chic Swarovski Crystal Earrings Dancing Away Earrings by ciaralg (I don't know if I like this for her or if I just really like this for me, LOL!)
When I saw these my first thought was..."ooooh! I wan't these!"

My 13 year old is the same way with gifts. I think it's kinda fun most of the time but there have been times when I just have no idea what to get her.

I'm a big fan of buying gifts from small gift shops and charity markets. Cool and unique is pretty much guaranteed that way.

I think you're definitely on the right track. You've found some great stuff. I know my girls would love the scarf and the bracelets.

November 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Thank you all so much for the feedback and suggestions! I like the nail polish idea, I can definitely get her a lot of different colors in those. And I haven't thought about boots! A lot of teens seem to be into that. I think I might get the bracelets as well, you both have convinced me that those are nice for teens...plus that shop just posted a 20% off coupon (score for Mom! ), so that definitely helps, LOL. Now it's just deciding what color bracelet to get. And I think I'll take dd to Old Navy and see if she stops by any particular outfits. Thank you all again so much for the suggestions and feedback, you've helped tremendously!

Lisa
November 30th, 2011, 06:09 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Glad we could help! Teens and in my case pre-teens can be such a challenge!!

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search