Homework load??

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much time does your middle schooler/high schooler spend on homework every night? Do you think it's reasonable? Are they good about getting it done?

I'm wondering because my girls school is always talking about how much they work on time management with the kids and how the teachers coordinate so as not to overwhelm the students. They say they want the kids to be well rounded and have a healthy balance between academics and the rest of their lives. I do think they try but it still seems to me that every once in a while they really pile it on.

That's happening right now. Meagan was up until after 11 last night. She was working on homework for almost 6 hours total! just for one night! I know their school is very different in a lot of ways from the typical public school. I guess I'm just wondering what normal is and if I should be concerned.

Thoughts??

March 19th, 2012, 07:44 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my son has anywhere from a half an hour to an hour and a half a night

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

March 24th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Super Mommy
He has anywhere from nothing to 4 plus hours. The longer sessions are when he doesn't manage his time properly though (waiting to do long term assignments, not making use of an hour bus ride, etc.)

March 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dita has around 2 hours a night, she's 17 and in her last year of school.

Azriel is 15 and has about the same, he does a lot of arts subjects though so his homework tends to be more time consuming rather than a heavy load.
March 25th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
They have around an hour a night, but Elijah has exams this year so she also studies for a further 2 hours after homework.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search