friends

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mamma_anna

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2012, 04:05 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you approve of all or most of your preteens/teens friends? If there's one you prefer they not be around, what do you do?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

March 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
I strongly disliked her friends before she moved. I really like her new friends. They are always sleeping over and she actually is going to the beach this weekend with one of the girls. I like when they come over because I know they are staying out of trouble and I communicate with her friends parents which I think is important, that way we know that the girls are where they say they are lol.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
March 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
David has never really been one to socalize much outside of school. The only friend he's ever had over was his girl friend and he's only gone to one other friends house and stayed over when he was much younger and in cub scouts. (They would sleep in tents in his frineds back yard LOL) so really the only way I know his friends in school is from what he tells me and from what I would read in texts when he have a phone (lost that due to issues. Any I have an issue with I talk to him about it to try to get him to see why I think that person is not a true friend etc. So far it's only been two people and it worked out ok...I think

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

March 23rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
Right now, in this age group there seems to be a lot of jealousy...DD went to the beach with Tori so now Zoe isn't talking to her

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
March 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl11381 View Post
I strongly disliked her friends before she moved. I really like her new friends. They are always sleeping over and she actually is going to the beach this weekend with one of the girls. I like when they come over because I know they are staying out of trouble and I communicate with her friends parents which I think is important, that way we know that the girls are where they say they are lol.
This is what we do too. I am adamant about knowing their friends parents and communicating with them. It makes a huge difference. It helps a lot that they go to a small private school so I know most of their classmates parents anyway. It's a pretty tight knit community because it's k-12 so the kids and their families grow up together.

We've had a few minor issues with friends displaying behavior I find inappropriate. My first response is always to talk to my daughter about it and ask her what she thinks of the behavior and why this person is a good friend. I try really hard not to be judgemental about it and to be open minded. I've learned that my girls are pretty good judges of character and most of the time I don't need to worry.
badgirl11381 likes this.

March 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Ari has her BFF since kindg. that I adore. She's here often and Ari goes there. They have a couple other friends, one is rather obnoxious. But overall I like most of them.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
March 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They all have okay friends. Some have their own quirks, or family quirks which arent in line with what my husband and I value, but nothing harmful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search