Experimenting

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badgirl11381

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
Do you think or know if your teen has experimented with drugs or alcohol??

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
April 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know my older two have had alcohol. Im cruel and enjoy making noise when they have hangovers.

As for drugs, honestly, I dont know, but I trust them enough to know that if they are going to expeirment, they wont be doing stupid amounts.
April 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to the best of my knowledge, David has not tried any drugs. There was an issue when he was at his BM's for a week after Christmas, that some Sake (Japanese rice wine) was missing. His 15 y/o aunt was also staying there for the week, so we are not sure about what really happened. Other than that incident (if it was him)I'm pretty sure he has not messed with alcohol

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We let Meg taste alchohol at home. (just sipping from our glass) So far she really doesn't like it at all. Like me, she thinks beer is disgusting. I don't have any worry that she'll be irresponsible with drinking.
Abbey has absolutely no interest in it.

As far as drugs go.... I'm going to trust that their telling me the truth when they say they've never tried. I don't have any reason to doubt them. Hoping that continues.

April 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Well, on Friday (4/20- for those who don't know is national marijuana smoking day ) Britt went home with her friend after school to spend the night. So, on Sunday she posted pics on facebook of her with her friend and she labled the pics 4/20 with a and also posted a pic of a pot leaf. So, i'm looking at these pics and just looking at them I notice she is high....she was planning on going to her dads for a cpl hours on Sat. so I told her I had a drug test that I wanted her to take (with me supervising) before she left. After some arguement she admitted to "making a mistake" then she jumped in the shower and when she got out she showed me a test that read negative (meaning there was no trace of drugs) but, thing is she already admitted it DUHH and also I told her I wanted to be there when she took the test to be sure she took it right. So, needless to say she is punished. I know when she stayed with her dad she used to smoke weed sometimes which is one of the reasons she came to stay with me. So, now she is mad and giving me attitutde because I won't let her go to her friends for a while...oh well, she will get over it lol
BOYSxTWO likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is that what that 4/20 thing is about?

My kids were trying to work out what the hell it was, HAHA.

Just out of curiosity, how can you fake a drug test? Like, what has she put on it to bring up the false negative?
April 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that 4/20 thing is so stupid...that's all I heard about on the radio all day. David never mentioned it so not sure if he knows what it stands for or not.

That's rough Brooke. It's so scary these days with what kids use to get high and as far the norm pot, it's scary what else it has in it. I hope she realizes the dangers of it and what a waste it is.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

May 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Yea I hope she does too...she is usually pretty open to me and she told me that it has only been one time since she started school here. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. But, she is still punished for, forever. I really dont understand the 4/20 thing either. All I know is that its supposed to be national weed smoking day...i don't know the history or signifigance behind it.

May 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Ilovbnamomx3's Avatar Mommy to 4 boys
I am not sure if my 14 yo twins have or not.. I suspect that they may have. They do NOT like to spend the night away from home though, so I do have that on my side.

My 15 year old - made special plans with a bunch of other boys for 4/20. This one I'm sure has tried it, but have not really ever witnessed a situation that I thought he was high.

I'm learning I am not equiped for teens.
May 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl11381 View Post
i don't know the history or signifigance behind it.
Im going to go out on a limb and say that there isnt any. Reminds me slightly of "National punch a ranga day" we had here a few years back, only that one was awful and a lot of stupid people took it too far.
May 16th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Veteran
I can confidently say that I'm certain Trey & Leah haven't tried either. As for Kristi, I know she's tried alcohol but she claims the smell of weed makes her nauseous. I'm giving them all the benefit of the doubt.

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

May 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Veteran
4/20 is the code police give when weed is found it was also the date weed was legalized in another country. It is the code for weed in the teen world but has been around for awhile. I got my info from my oldest btw

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search