Teenage daughter having staining issues

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom2Brendan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 09:21 PM
My teen daughter is into swimming and various other sports. But when she has her periods she is very dull,and slow in her work.She prefers sleeping it off If i ask her to be active instead of sleeping it of,she returns with stains in her pants. I do not want her life to be this way.Want to protect her from staining in public. Help
February 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw your post and thought maybe I could offer a suggestion is maybe she could use Cloth Pads the ones that are the comfy type ones that button/snap to the underwear.

That way while moving or laying around she's not staining herself.

Also,starting at her cycle change and after every change of under or any signs of stains she will have to presoak underwear/pants with peroxide then wash those clothes.
yvee80 likes this.

February 6th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
She could try using tampons for when she plays sports etc, that way she can still swim and won't need to worry.
February 18th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I might not be a mommy but I can offer suggestion. When I start my cycle, I make sure I have enough pads or tampons with me to make sure I don't stain. I usually have an extra pair of panties with me just in case, my panties that I'm wearing have a stain. My stained underwear, I soak with peroxide to make sure, there is no marks. But my solution is to wear tampons to play sport, I usually used tampons when I was in cheerleading.
March 3rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never liked wearing tampons. I have tried various brands and sizes and just dislike them.

I found when my period is in its heavy stage I use the longer pads and always use the ones with wings. Maybe have her try that if she isn't into tampons yet.

March 11th, 2013, 10:29 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
My teen has the same issue...where do you purchase cloth ones from? Also my teen is 13 and has not been introduced to tampons not sure how to introduce them to her as an option at some time???

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 13th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lunapads.com
clothpadshop.com
kristinaclothpads.homestead.com
some can be found on amazon sites
You can even use the cloth pads while swimming.
I never liked tampons either even I tried them they felt to weird

June 5th, 2013, 04:31 AM
If your daughter has staining issues i would recommend adira period panties.They have cute ones that a teen will like,and they have special ones for sport.They are cotton and comfy,and 100% stain free.My youngest daughter uses them,since she is also on the heavy flow side.She has a very good response to them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search