Teenage daughter blocking us from seeing her status upadates on FB

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaidynsmum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Question? I have an "Insta Teen" in my house. My husbands 16 year old daughter has come to live with us. Her grades were bad and he felt it was best for her to be in a more structured environment. Our daughter is 2.5 so I have no experience with a teenager. She has been reprimanded by her Father for inappropriate Facebook behavior like bad language, and complaining about other kids in a violent way (ie, saying "I wanna punch a ho"). Since he has talked to her about it we have not seen a status update from her. She is on all the time so I know she is blocking us from seeing them. I see this as a blatant lack of respect for her father and I. I am 8 months pregnant and gave up my bedroom so she could move in and better herself (sorry, pregnancy hormones I am sure are making me a little bitter). We really want her to make the best out of her last 2 years of high school. Facebook comments got her in trouble at her old school with other kids and the principle. She is starting a new school next month and we don't want the same problems. We want full access to her page. How should we handle this? My husband does not want to ban her from FB because she will just make a page at school or a friends house that we will never know about. Any advice would be much appreciated.
July 19th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
The fact that it got her into trouble at her previous school means she has to prove that she has changed and to me that means letting you see everything she posts, so I'm afraid I would be removing all means of getting onto Facebook from her until she can be trusted to use it more responsibly.
kolbysmom likes this.
August 10th, 2013, 06:26 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i know i'm late, but as a teenager myself (17) it sounds like she has an attitude problem. was there something going on at her mom's house or her old school? subtly encourage her to make new friends and do things other than sit on facebook. try to be her friend yourself and to figure out why she's posting the things she is- maybe it's honestly just a "cool and edgy" phase, i had one 13-15 and am now a 17 year old who's almost finished with a 2yr degree.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search