My 9 year old son starting puberty?

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2014, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I usually check in on my son when he is having a shower and sometimes help him wash if sometimes I think he is not getting was properly or well enough and even sometimes have a shower with him. This last time I was in the shower with him, I went to was off his smegma under his foreskin as he usually forgets and like me to do it anyway because I usually clean it better, so after cleaning his penis, I noticed he got an erection about a minute later but I had never really seen an erection on him before and so I asked him, 'Is this the first time your willy has been like this?' he said no and that it had been doing that for a few weeks now. Then I thought to myself, is he starting puberty because I also noticed that when he had that erection that his foreskin no longer completely covered the head of his penis as you could see the tip. So I asked him 'Do you want me to continue having showers with you' and he said yes because when I am there, he always tries to get washed properly and that he gets cleaner when I help him. So that got me thinking, at what age should I stop having showers with him, because I am alright still having showers with him now but I think I should probably stop when he is 12 or 13 because I know he usually has trouble cleaning under his foreskin. I also want to know whether my son has actually started puberty?

Thanks,
Rebecca
March 3rd, 2014, 08:21 PM
sydneyrose's Avatar Veteran
I personally feel 9 is too old to be helping him wash. I feel like he should know by now. A lot of males have sexual urges now before 12. I'd consider maybe weaning your help and having him do it himself.

July 14th, 2014, 11:38 AM
That's early but it happens!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search