Dating

Forum: Moms of Teens and Preteens

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Teens and Preteens LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2005, 08:35 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you allow your teen to date?

At what age can they date?

What kind of guidlines if any have you set for them?

September 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
darlajortega's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my dd is 15, we have just allowed her to have a bf. he can call, but as of yet we havent discussed actual dating.
September 2nd, 2005, 07:45 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jared will be 16 this month. He can date. He has many "Girlfriends". Just not one really steady one. Which I am happy about. He is so into Football & getting into school for the year. As well as other fun things he likes to do. Girls seem to be not real high on his list at this time.He has plenty of time for all of that dating stuff!

September 2nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
Swamp Lizard's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Swamp Lizard
Do you allow your teen to date? Not yet. She has a boyfriend, but all that is is talking on the phone, and sitting with each other at church and school.

At what age can they date? Hubby and I have not set a firm age. Alot of it depends on her and her maturity. Most likely it will be when she is 16.

What kind of guidlines if any have you set for them? Haven't had to deal with this yet!
September 3rd, 2005, 07:35 AM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our daughter met her boyfriend when she was 14 1/2. We were not ready for a her to be in a relationship and she wasn't either. I told her it is important to build a good friendship with him first. This turned into best friends quickly. We did have restrictions on them. They were not allowed to be alone. She couldn't go to his house with out someone there. He was 16 and had his license. She couldn't even ride in his car in the beginning. Even though we had known his family for sometime we wanted to let them know the rules.

It has been 2 1/2 years now. She is 17 and he is 19 today. The both have matured a lot. Whenever he wants to take her someplace he always ask her father first. Of course my husband loves this. They go into the schools and teach abstinence with a Pure Power program. This is important to them. They will hug or hold hands but that is it. She said she is not going to kiss him until they are engaged. In her heart she knows this is the man God has for her but if something were to happen she doesn't want to give up something more of herself. She is a very strongwilled person and stands firm on this. He is patient to wait because he loves her so much. He wants to be a Youth Pastor someday and they want their relationship to be an example to the teens. They want teens to know that you can have a great relationship without making it so physical until marriage.

I have been struggling with her relationship because we used to be so close until he came along. It is not that I do not like him he is a great person, I just have some jealousy to see someone else more important than mom.

So that is where we are at. I have 4 more children and it could be all different with them. My 10 year old already has this girl that he talks to all the time on the phone.

I started dating my husband when I was 16 and married him when I was 19. It seemed so much easier when it was us. This teenage stuff can be so difficult.

September 4th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Veteran
Well Rozlyn is not allowed to date. She can have boyfriends, but no going places and things. We'll cross the restriction bridge when we get there.

<center>

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Matthew Clinton (Matt) is getting so big!</font>
</center>

<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
September 6th, 2005, 05:57 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Do you allow your teen to date? No, she isn't allowed to date, although she did ask if she could have an "in school boyfriend" this year..I said sure, but only in school..that means no going to dances or them not calling the house..strictly in school..dh isn't too fond on that idea and as far as we know, she doesn't have any

At what age can they date? We have talked to her alot about this and she can date when she is 16..I told her that when she has her own transportation is when she can date and hopefully that will allow her to be in more control of any situation.

What kind of guidlines if any have you set for them? Right now, she does have to be home at a certain time if she goes out with the girls, and she can only go with them if a parent is present. So far I haven't had any real problems, but we do have disagreements every once in awhile with it..mainly because some of the girls that she goes to school with are allowed to date. So she throws back the remark that I should trust her..it isn't that I don't trust her..i just don't trust other people

Plus I had her when I was 15, and I know what temptation is out there and I know that younger people can't always handle that temptation well...

MY BLOG

September 22nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Do you allow your teen to date? Not yet

At what age can they date? 13

What kind of guidlines if any have you set for them? None yet. I still have a year to think about it, lol.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search