Ugh! Preemie Diapers Leak!

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Layne is only a week old and he's still wearing preemie diapers (Huggies) and they are still pretty big on him. They are so loose where the cord cut out is that even when I tighten them he leaks urine all over himself (and everything else around him).

I have some Pampers Swaddlers in preemie but I haven't tried them yet because I still have so many Huggies left. Are Huggies preemie just not a good brand? Anyone else have trouble with leaking?
December 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had lots of leaks with Huggies too, they just didn't seem to fit Jim well. We stuck with the Pampers Swaddlers that they used at our NICU, since they seemed to leak less, until we switched over to cloth.

December 23rd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
We had lots of leaks with Huggies too, they just didn't seem to fit Jim well. We stuck with the Pampers Swaddlers that they used at our NICU, since they seemed to leak less, until we switched over to cloth.
Thanks, I guess i'll be tearing open the Pampers package and just give the Huggies to my girls to use on their dolls, lol! I pretty much have to change his outfit with every diaper change which is getting a bit ridiculous.
December 23rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
army_wife1008's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to army_wife1008
Yup, I swore by those Pampers, they were so nice and soft too. Travis never had a leaky diaper with those!
December 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, Huggies sucked. LOL. They never did fit Sarah Beth right. Even when she was bigger.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
December 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
~Ivy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HATED Huggies preemie size!!! We constantly had pee everywhere! LOL I like the pampers a bit better, but we still had leaks here and there until he got into size 1's.

My Blog

December 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I remember using huggies preemies on aidan when he was in the nicu too, and they did leak too. And from others that i know that had children before me, they also told me huggies brand leaks. So I had went straight to pampers.
December 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was also a Swaddlers user

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
December 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Huggies preemie do leak... But Robbie could only use Huggies because Pampers made him have an allergic reaction. Pampers preemie are good though.
December 24th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our NICU used Pampers Swaddlers, so that is what we continue to use today, that is, until I can at least make the partial switch to cloth.

Sometimes, those little gussets aren't turned right when you get the diaper on and they won't catch anything. So, I always run my finger around the legs to make sure those are doing what they are supposed to do. We've only had poo blowouts - no leaks otherwise for us.

December 24th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Tami, if you're thinking about cloth but not quite ready to go full-on, try a diaper service. I absolutely loved ours and it was about the same price as using sposies.

December 24th, 2009, 11:02 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I asked about Huggies preemie diapers when In a store once because i HAD SOME Huggies coupons, and apprently they do not sell very well so they dont sell them, maybe its because they leak? I used pampers, and the NICU Leoni was in used pampers too and we have never had a leakage

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
December 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I switched over to Pampers Swaddlers in the preemie size and they are wonderful! I haven't had any issues with leaking at all!
July 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhug_nar View Post
Huggies preemie do leak... But Robbie could only use Huggies because Pampers made him have an allergic reaction. Pampers preemie are good though.
What was the allergic reaction to Pampers? I have a package here but my preemie is very sensitive. Also, I have tried Huggies for about a week now and havn't seen any issues, where were they leaking?
July 3rd, 2012, 12:35 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Those posts were from 3yrs ago so I doubt you'll get a reply.

I never had leaks unless they peed a lot. After coming home, I just bought newborn diapers and would fold the front down until they fit. I started using preemie prefolds and covers too and never had leaks.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Last edited by 8miraclez; July 3rd, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
July 3rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Robbie ended up with a yeast infection after he ended up with a diaper rash that the docs determined was from the diapers because it went away when we switched over to huggies. All of my kids so far haven't been able to wear anything but huggies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search