My LO decided it was time

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2011, 12:16 AM
I just posted on here yesterday but my little Georgia decided it was time after all. She was born 6/1/11 at 4:42 pm and weighed 2 lbs and almost half an once. Right now she is doing really good and breathing on her own. She does have a cpap mask on though it is on the lowest setting right now. Lots of little wires and stuff on but she is maintaining her own temp very well. Through the night she has had a couple of moments when she has forgotten to breath.but a little stimulation got her right back up again. The nurses said as ling as she continues to do well overnnight then I will get to hold her. Her birth came so fast that I still feel a little off balance, like it hasn't quite happened yet.
July 2nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the birth of your daughter! It sounds like she's doing GREAT so far! I will keep my fingers crossed that she does well today and you'll be able to hold her! BTW, I love her name!

How are you feeling? Was it a vaginal birth or a c-sec?

Keep us posted about how things are going, we're all rooting for you and Georgia!!!

July 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Update on Georgia. She's doing really good. I am not able to hold her yet. Not until her iv in her umbilical cord is gone, then I can hold her. They are thinking maybe Wednesday if she continues to do well. She was taken off the c-pap mask and now only has the nasel prongs. They have started feed every 6 hours with her and she is tolerating them very well. Has had several large poops which they said is great. Overall she is doing excellent for 27 weeks! It makes us a little nervous because she is doing so well though. But we will take it day by day.

I had a vaginal birth unmedicated. There was no time for anything. I made it from my room upstairs in the hospital to labor and delivery and was there only 5 mins before she was born. It happened very fast!
July 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your baby! I'm glad she's doing so well. I just brought my 28 weeker home two days ago after a 6 week stay in NICU. Hang in there! She'll be home before you know it.

July 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Super Mommy
wow that's awesome she's doing so well, congrats mama.

we too have a preemie in the nicu, i just delivered on 6/29 at 1045am he was 2.6lbs at birth. he's doing alright we have a long road a head of us, we are having alot more trouble with his breathing than the doctor's thought with all the medicine i had been given to help with that but we are taking it day by day, that's all we can do. so glad your little one is doing awesome, keep it up!
July 3rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
army_wife1008's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to army_wife1008
So glad to hear Georgia is doing so well! That is awesome that she is already just on a cannula! What a tough little girl! I hope she continues to progress and do well so she can come home to you sooner rather than later!
July 3rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations mama!
July 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe she's already onto a canula, that is fantastic news!!! That's great that she's pooping too, hopefully that means her system is ready to tolerate feeds! Hopefully she won't turn into the crazy pooper that Jim was/is, he splattered poop all over the inside of 3 incubators. Tip: leave the diaper on and her butt lowered down until you're absolutely ready to put that new diaper on.

It's normal to be nervous--she'll have setbacks, it's bound to happen at some point. Jim actually got off the CPAP quickly but had to go back on it for another week or so. It's two steps forward and one step back, that's the NICU dance...but hopefully it'll be over as soon as possible!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search