NICU Graduation

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin_0225

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Super Mommy
Michaela was born at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore MD. The NICU was awesome! She spent about 1.5 months before she was well enough to move to a Children's Hospital and I was so sad. The NICU nurses, doctors, and staff were so great to us. And I am super excited bc their annual graduation is on Thursday. I hope her primary care nurse is there!

Anyone else have anything like this at their hospitals?
TammyLynn1993 likes this.

July 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is cool! We have a NICU reunion at our hospital every couple of years, it's a good event.

July 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Michael was in two, I know the one he got discharged from has a reunion every June and i think the other one does too but i dont believe we're on their "list" since he didnt go home from there. We went to the reunion this year and unfortunately his primary wasnt there There were SO many kids i dont really think the doctors really remember any of them but i know some nurses seem to recognize some of the smaller babies (that had just left within the last year or so). No one recognized M without us telling them who he was. If the NICU where he spent his first 2 months has a reunion i'de like to go to that... i know his primary there would be very excited to see him, and we LOVED her.

July 5th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no one has ever said if we do a reunion/grad thing
July 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam914 View Post
There were SO many kids i dont really think the doctors really remember any of them but i know some nurses seem to recognize some of the smaller babies (that had just left within the last year or so). No one recognized M without us telling them who he was.
We actually bump into one of the NICU docs at the grocery store every 6 months or so and he always remembers us and talks to Jim. Super nice guy--I love our ped but I wish this guy did regular pediatrics because we'd totally take our kids to his clinic!

July 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Super Mommy
[QUOTE=Sam914;24301129]No one recognized M without us telling them who he was. QUOTE]

Aww I know for sure they won't recognize her on Thursday. She was only 1200 grams when she left. What is that like 2lbs? Now I bet she is almost 10lb and looks like a brand new person. When we filled out the rsvp it said to fill in the primary care nurse so hopefully they notify her or something. The nurses talked about the graduations and how some kids come back every year. It sounded like a big deal at this place.

July 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin_0225 View Post
Michaela was born at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore MD. The NICU was awesome! She spent about 1.5 months before she was well enough to move to a Children's Hospital and I was so sad. The NICU nurses, doctors, and staff were so great to us. And I am super excited bc their annual graduation is on Thursday. I hope her primary care nurse is there!

Anyone else have anything like this at their hospitals?

I know this sounds weird... Any chance your angel Michaela was in the first room on the left? And on the left side of the room? My Molly was in the NICU at Hopkins for two weeks ( we were lucky). I remember a little girl by the name of Michaela right near her! I am heading back to the graduation ceremony too. I RSVP'd but know little else about the where's and when's! I hope I included all her nurses when we RSVP'd!!
July 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
We just got our NICU graduation invitation in the mail. Funny thing is, I helped make them while I was there. We are planning on attending. Everyone knows us there and asked if we would provide pictures for their slideshow. They also wanted us to have pictures taken for their graduate board but I haven't done it yet. They always have fun activities though and my kids like to go see where they once were.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 18th, 2013, 11:39 PM
NICU Graduation seems very nice. If you want to make it easily, Kvisoft Photo Slideshow Generator would help you in few minutes. Hope it is useful for you. Thank you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search