New here

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I just found this board. I wish I would have found it when my son was newborn. Little bit about myself. I am very happily married and we have 4 great kids! I was induced with my 3 older kids as I don't seem to go into labor on my own. When I was pregnant with #4 we assumed that it would be the same way. I even set up a date for induction and planned to have my parents here to watch the older kids. When I was 35 weeks pregnant, my water broke during the night. We loaded up our 3 kids and headed for the hospital 89 miles away. (closest hospital) 5 hours after arriving, the on call Dr decided to life flight me to another state to a hospital with a NICU... just in case. My husband raced the kids back to our town and then raced the 3 hours to the "new" hospital. He made it and a couple hours later, our little T was born. He weighed 5 lbs 6 oz and was 18 inches long. Beautiful boy who was tiny! They laid him on my chest for a minute, but then whisked him away to the NICU. He was having problems breathing. He was grunting and retracting pretty bad. They gave him surfactant and some other medications to help him breathe. Little T was in the NICU for 12 long days. We relocated to the other State for the 2 weeks he was in there. Now little T is 13 months old and is 22 lbs. He has just started walking and is doing really great! He's adorable and chubby and people love to hold him and take his picture.

Teresa
Mommy to Little Man (9) Princess Pie (6) Sweetie (4) and Little T (13 months)
July 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, Teresa! I am so glad to hear Little T is doing so well! Wow, a life flight, that had to be scary--I had to take an ambulance ride from one hospital to another after my water broke, and that was scary enough without having a helicopter involved! It must have been hard relocating with your 3 kids for 2 weeks--did the hospital have a place for you guys? Did you leave your kids with family?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search