My cup runneth over!

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I dont know if this is off topic or not but...

I am pumping so much milk the NICU has kicked me out of thier freezer! lol. I am getting more then 40 ounces a day and she is only getting 5 a day. I have taken a whole shelf at the NICU and they do not have any more room for me. So I broke down and am renting a freezer to store it all in.

For me this is a great thing! With my daughter I tried and tried to nurse and she would not latch so I pumped and never got my supply in. I did this for 3 weeks and never got more then 2 ounces at each sitting and that was at my "peak" time. at the end I was only getting a quarter or half an ounce at a time.

I was just very excited about this and had to share! I hope you ladies dont mind!
July 28th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Ducky's mama
that is awesome!!! I've had so many problems with pumping/nursing since Declan was born, but it's such a fulfilling feeling when it goes right eh? Just think... before long she will be taking a lot more than 5 a day, and you will be prepared Keep up the good work!

Thank you Thank you Thank you to Alethia for my awesome siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So exciting, that is great news!!! I had the same thing happen with Jim, at my peak I was producing 50 ounces a day. We ended up having so freakin' much milk, we gave some away to another NICU family and to friend of a friend who had adopted a baby and wanted to feed him breast milk. I'll have to see if I can find the photo of our extra freezer packed full of breast milk--at one point, all we had in there was breast milk and Eggos.

July 28th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Ducky's mama
holy moly Beth! I think I may have had a couple days where I pumped 25 oz in total.... but it was usually more like 16-18 oz per day. It's amazing what our bodies can do!

Thank you Thank you Thank you to Alethia for my awesome siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW! I never produced more than 2 ounces at one time. I probably only did 12 ounces at my peak. Good Job!
July 28th, 2011, 04:24 PM
army_wife1008's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to army_wife1008
That is so awesome! I got kicked out of the hospital freezer on day 4, lol. I was a mass producer with my son too. This time I am pumping anywhere from 4-8oz every 2-3 hours. It's awesome, she really needs to start eating more!
July 29th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml View Post
holy moly Beth! I think I may have had a couple days where I pumped 25 oz in total.... but it was usually more like 16-18 oz per day. It's amazing what our bodies can do!
I know, isn't it amazing? And I have the tiniest ta-tas when I'm not nursing, so I figured I'd probably have trouble making enough milk...but nope! I figure in a past life I was a wet nurse. Wish I knew what the secret was so I could share it with others, but I really think it's just luck. I know lots of moms who did everything right, drank plenty of fluids, pumped every 3 hours religiously, etc. and still just couldn't manage to make very much.

July 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM
army_wife1008's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to army_wife1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
I know, isn't it amazing? And I have the tiniest ta-tas when I'm not nursing, so I figured I'd probably have trouble making enough milk...but nope! I figure in a past life I was a wet nurse. Wish I knew what the secret was so I could share it with others, but I really think it's just luck. I know lots of moms who did everything right, drank plenty of fluids, pumped every 3 hours religiously, etc. and still just couldn't manage to make very much.
DITTO to ALL of this!
July 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same way!!! We have two deep freezers FULL of milk and the NICU freezer is full as well! We are actually running out of space to put it! And the most crazy thing of all is that I only pumped "every 3 hours" for like the first month and ever since then it has only been 4 times a day and now it's down to once in the morning, once at work, and once before bed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search