Georgia update*pics included*

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Georgia is doing good. She is up to 2 lbs and 14 oz now! My big girl! She is tolerating her feeds very well and was just offered a bottle for the first time today. She took 6 ccs and then the rest through her tube. She did not desat which is a great thing.

Her major issue is her saturation levels. They keep upping her caffine and they just cant get her to stop dropping. A big part of it might be her PDA because it has not closed yet. A good thing is that at least now in the last 3 days for the most part she is getting herself out of them without any stimulation.

She is maintaining her body temperture great now and need almost no help from her issolett.

I think that is all the updated info I have.... But if i think of more I will add it lol

here are some new pics! Enjoy!

August 6th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She's so cute!!! It sounds like she's doing really well so far--are they talking about meds/surgery for the PDA or just waiting and seeing?

August 6th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, little sweetie!
August 7th, 2011, 03:53 AM
THey are taking the wait and see route. I kinda wish they would try the medicine and see if that works because I know alot of her de-sats are because of this. She must have in any given day at least 50 of them. Yes she is getting out of most of them herself but I know they have to get her out of at least 3 of them a day.

She is on the max amount of caffine and it doesnt seem to be helping. They tried to move her to a low flow but she did not handle it at all. It was very scary that day! they then moved her back up to the high flow.
August 7th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's adorable!

August 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
hippie hugs's Avatar Proud Mama to a Preemie
What a beautiful little girl! She's absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you Claire1979 for the amazing siggy!

August 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM
shannonranee
she is so cute. Is her PDA getting smaller at all?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search