I just need to vent

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2011, 08:06 PM
shannonranee
so this lady near when I live is just 33 weeks yesterday. she was in the hospital last week bleeding and they told her it was her bloody show. then they kept her overnight this week 1 night becasue her cervix was changing they sent her home the other day becasue she will go into labor faster being up and around at home then on bedrest - at only 33 weeks why would they not want to stop the labor instead of try to get it to progress faster (her water has not broke or anything)?
August 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That makes no sense to me. Are they concerned about the baby, like IUGR or something?

August 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
That makes no sense to me. Are they concerned about the baby, like IUGR or something?

No she said they were not concerned with the baby's size at all. it just makes no sense to me at all - I could see if she were 35 weeks hoping that maybe she would make it at least another week but not at 33 weeks. The only thing I can think is maybe since she flat doesnt follow drs orders at all they would rather her just have him then keep messing with her going into labor. they have stopped her labor 3 times before 32 weeks but then she goes home from the hospital and does whatever she wants. the other day she posted on FB that she was going to spend 4 hours cleaning her house and everyone posted stuff back to her about that not being a good idea and she ended up deleting her post.
August 15th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Seems like a better plan would be to just not discharge her from the hospital, so they can keep an eye on her, KWIM? I hope the baby ends up being OK!

August 15th, 2011, 07:54 PM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
Seems like a better plan would be to just not discharge her from the hospital, so they can keep an eye on her, KWIM? I hope the baby ends up being OK!
I totally agree
August 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
shannonranee
I am wondeirng now if she wasnt mentally putting herself in labor becasue ever since she posted that they sent her home to just go into labor she hasnt went into labor again
August 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
hippie hugs's Avatar Proud Mama to a Preemie
How weird! You think they would have definitely tried to stop her labor.. But I guess if her water hadn't broke, infection isn't a risk?

Strange either way.

Thank you Claire1979 for the amazing siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search