Angel Care Monitors

Forum: Preemies/NICU

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Preemies/NICU LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone have any experience with these? Chloe should be coming home soon (fingers crossed!) and I am considering buying one of these. I am concerned that, with her health issues and prematurity, I will never be able to relax without this little extra bit of security. So, has anyone used one? Was it reliable? How many false alarms did it have? Thanks!

September 7th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We didn't use one because the folks in our NICU said they false alarm a lot. But I know a lot of other moms around here used one with their little ones and had good experiences.

Instead of an AngelCare monitor, we sunk that money into a high-quality video monitor. Anytime DH was nervous about Jim (which was ALL the time!) he could turn on the video and see that Jim was fine, and the volume turned up high enough that we could hear him breathing on it.

September 7th, 2011, 11:25 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't use one either because we came home on oxygen and an apnea monitor. I still slept with her in a bassinet beside my bed and my hand laid on her back as she slept. I was so scared that she would stop breathing, her oxygen would suddenly stop working and her monitor would fail. LOL.

I have heard others who have used it and loved it though. I do know it will false alarm, but I'm not sure that is horrible.

And YAY for Chloe getting to come home soon! Congratulations!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
September 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
have one, love it. he does have false alarms but its soooo worth it to me i wouldnt sleep at all without it

September 7th, 2011, 05:26 PM
AngelaMarie's Avatar Owen's Mommy
I think because Aubrey has a congenital heart defect we will likely get sent home with an apnea monitor. They would like to ideally put off the repair surgery until she's 6 months old. She may have a shunt before discharge. If they don't send us home with one I'm getting one. I've never used one but I've had family members use them and they swear by them.
September 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've used one for all my newborns, love them! I've never had it fail on me, ie if one of us takes the baby out of the crib and forgets to shut if off, it always alarms. I've only had one false alarm with Joey in the past 6 weeks, but he was sleeping very soundly and breathing very lightly--it alarms in the crib first so it wakes the baby and sounds in my room next. I loved it for all my babies. I have the old one, but the new one comes with a video camera.

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
September 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM
shannonranee
we never used one - t6hey kept natalie on her apnea monitor until she was 7 months old, they would have kept her on it longer but I went to get her up one day from a nap and she had the cord wrapped around her body and laying across her neck so I took it off her (at that point it was more dangerous then not using it).
September 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have one. When Dakota came home, she came home wire-free...but she slept in our bed, I felt a lot better!

Rylan has a pulse ox machine and I hate it!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
September 9th, 2011, 05:43 AM
hippie hugs's Avatar Proud Mama to a Preemie
The security these must offer! I know I feel a little frazzled when Roan isn't hooked to his monitor at the hospital, but DH hates the thing as much as I love it. I can't imagine mentioning having one at home, not with how he reacts when he sees me watching it at the hospital!

Thank you Claire1979 for the amazing siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search